Audionet Heisenberg's

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
There is no best amplifier for me .
The problem is to find the best association between the products: CD, preamplifier, amplifier, loudspeakers and cables....and for the room too...
100% agree.

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I agree with you Philippe , but there is other option as well.
If someone is running TotalDac DAC like I do the volume controll bulid there is extremelly good.
I had Kondo 1000 MK II for 3 years and sold it once I discovered there was almost NO difference
with ot without preamp. What a saving !
What I added insted were TotalDAC drivers that are excellent . Those are boxes that DRIVE the amps, meaning they have Active part of a preamp only.
This is excellent combination and I know many others did the same.
From that it looks avoiding passive section of preamp gives significant boost in SQ.
If you like TotalDac, why don't you stay with the same brand? Because if you stay with TotalDac, you keep the same philosophy.
TotalDac has an excellent amplifier.

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
If you like TotalDac, why don't you stay with the same brand? Because if you stay with TotalDac, you keep the same philosophy.
TotalDac has an excellent amplifier.

Its not about philosophy. Its about music Reproduction.
As good as the TotalDAC is and remember I have custom D1- 24 ( double Twelve) that has 12 boxes now including totaldac amp drivers ,
I am sure you cannot perform as a single engeneer / designer on the top of everything.
Its simply impossible.
Especially if you are single person doing almost everything , not a big company with many people,

Someone being top tennis player cant just walk and win tour de France.

So my philosophy it to take the best of everyone.
Taiko server is on the very top now . Got it
TotalDAC id on a very top of DACs . Got it
Rockport Lyra is one of the finest speakers ever created. Got it,
Same cherry picking with amps and cables.
But as always , paying after hearing.

Reactions: lordcloud

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Its not about philosophy. Its about music Reproduction.
As good as the TotalDAC is and remember I have custom D1- 24 ( double Twelve) that has 12 boxes now including totaldac amp drivers ,
I am sure you cannot perform as a single engeneer / designer on the top of everything.
Its simply impossible.
Especially if you are single person doing almost everything , not a big company with many people,

Someone being top tennis player cant just walk and win tour de France.

So my philosophy it to take the best of everyone.
Taiko server is on the very top now . Got it
TotalDAC id on a very top of DACs . Got it
Rockport Lyra is one of the finest speakers ever created. Got it,
Same cherry picking with amps and cables.
But as always , paying after hearing.
I have listened TotalDac in many configuration: TotalDac with Magico M6, all TotalDac including TotalDac loudspeakers....it is a really good surprise.
For my eyes, the best loudspeakers I have heard is Marten Audio Coltrane 3... thanks for sharing.

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
I have listened TotalDac in many configuration: TotalDac with Magico M6, all TotalDac including TotalDac loudspeakers....it is a really good surprise.
For my eyes, the best loudspeakers I have heard is Marten Audio Coltrane 3... thanks for sharing.

Funny. I almost purched Marten Coltr 3 in Statement Edition last year, before auditioning Rockp Lyra.
I really liked it that much, but decided to just try few different options including Tidal Akira.
Marten was much less expensive option than Rockport Lyra, but the SQ diffeence was just way to big.
If you try those speakers there is no comparison , …. but Akira is also fantastic option.
Akira against Lyra is a very hard decission. Both top class performers .

Reactions: hongkongfoufou

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing