AudioQuest SorboGel Q-Feet; any experience?

jeffreybehr

Dec 16, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona USA
www.flickr.com
It took a couple decades, ie I came late in my life as an audiofool, to start using isolation devices under my equipment to isolate them from vibrating furniture and the concrete-slab floor(1) and to absorb their own vibrations.. Since then I've used many Herbies Tenderfoots and starting a few years ago, trios of IsoAcoustics OREA support feet under my discplayer, preamp/processor, and poweramps.. While my lack of golden-earedness didn't allow me to hear any immediate sonic improvements using these, the sounds of my system(s) have improved steadily.
2019May21_stand complete_1500w.jpg

I'm now buying a Salamander-brand, lowish-priced equipment shelving unit from Audio Advisers...
...for all my backend equipment that now lives on the floor or on 3cm-thick granite pads on the floor, on industrial antivibration pads(2)..

2022Jul28_DSC0233_full system_2000w.jpg
I'll be using, at least initially, the OREAs under the two fairly light Atma-Sphere M-60 poweramps, and I have some Herbies Tenderfoots for other stuff--bass amps, centerchannel speaker, dbx speaker-management system.. Probably I'll place the shelving unit on 10 of the 2" DiversiTech pads instead of using the 10 somewhat-flimsy-looking feet.

I'm now considering buying and using AudioQuest SorboGel Q-Feet for equipment siting/isolating; do any of you have any experience with them to share?

(1) I was e-mailing with Steve Herbelin years ago about isolating or spiking my speakers to my floor when he responded with something like 'You only think your concrete floor doesn't vibrate'.. He was correct; it vibrates so much I can feel it sometimes.
(2) https://www.supplyhouse.com/Pads-11752000

jeffreybehr

Dec 16, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona USA
www.flickr.com
NO ONE has used them?

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
My experience with sorbothane footers is that they suck the life out of music. YMMV.

Rather than pay the AudioQuest premium, you can try sorbothane footers for much less. There's no extra magic in the AudioQuest stuff.

What I would recommend as a very low-cost, low-risk experiment are Nobsound spring-based footers. $35.99/four. Free, no-hassle returns.

Last edited:

jeffreybehr

Dec 16, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona USA
www.flickr.com
My experience with sorbothane footers is that they suck the life out of music. YMMV.

Rather than pay the AudioQuest premium, you can try sorbothane footers for much less. There's no extra magic in the AudioQuest stuff.

What I would recommend as a very low-cost, low-risk experiment are Nobsound spring-based footers. $35.99/four. Free, no-hassle returns.
TY tvad; I'll be trying the sprung devices.

Reactions: Gjo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing