Auditioning a Luxman D-08U

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
CD / SACD player. Should arrive next week. Got a screaming deal from Music Direct and I've had my eye on this unit for some time.

I know this is a relatively "inexpensive" CDP relative to this forum but will provide comments if anyone is interested.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Joe,

My bad. It is not the "U" model. Thanks so much for the heads up. Cancelled the order.

Gordon

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
I’m sure it’s still a good unit but certainly not current. I’m glad we could straighten this out.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
With your help Joe. Thanks again. May consider the D-06U if I can find a used / demo unit.

joeinid

Mar 14, 2011
NY
If I remember correctly, the D-06u gets very high praise as well. Good luck.

I don’t know what the differences are between the u and non u versions. I’ll try and find out.

caesar

May 30, 2010
Dude,
I hope this works out for you. I have heard the 08u, and despite the marketing hype for dcs, msb, esoteric, berkilly ref, etc., it is a reference level digital. Some definitely prefer the 08u to the hyped, well-marketed brands. I think the 08 should be close to the 08u, and I hope it meets your tastes and preferences.

Please share your journey. Good luck!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing