AURALIC G2 VS SOTM 200 ULTRA NEO - Has anyone tried to compare the two directly yet?

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles
AURALIC G2 VS SOTM 200 ULTRA NEO - Has anyone tried to compare the two directly yet?

Personally I have the G2 right now ,and feel that the SQ is ok, but if you re-clock it with the MUTEC MC3 (via AES input) its a totally different ball game. It got much better. but then.. you have to add MC3.
So that brings me to the understanding of how important the clock actually is and with SOTM , you can clock the crap out of your chain, SOTEM 200 + USB ULTRA + SWITCH all to be re-clock with 10M clock I think it will make a huge difference, but just wondering if anyone out there had already did a direct comparison of the two setup .

The system I am planning to use this setup on is on a DUTCH DUTCH 8C, that brings up another set of question if anyone can pitch in , is the 8C better with analog input through a good DAC, or just a good source from either G2 (rechecked with MUTEC ) or SOTM , vs spending another unit on a good DAC ( since 8C has internal DACs already ) I will try to report back , but again just want to see
if anyone out there had already given it a try!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 1.29.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 1.29.39 PM.png
    694.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 1.30.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 1.30.06 PM.png
    686.7 KB · Views: 19

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia

Personally I have the G2 right now ,and feel that the SQ is ok, but if you re-clock it with the MUTEC MC3 (via AES input) its a totally different ball game. It got much better. but then.. you have to add MC3.
So that brings me to the understanding of how important the clock actually is and with SOTM , you can clock the crap out of your chain, SOTEM 200 + USB ULTRA + SWITCH all to be re-clock with 10M clock I think it will make a huge difference, but just wondering if anyone out there had already did a direct comparison of the two setup .

The system I am planning to use this setup on is on a DUTCH DUTCH 8C, that brings up another set of question if anyone can pitch in , is the 8C better with analog input through a good DAC, or just a good source from either G2 (rechecked with MUTEC ) or SOTM , vs spending another unit on a good DAC ( since 8C has internal DACs already ) I will try to report back , but again just want to see
if anyone out there had already given it a try!
Would be an interesting comparison.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing