Aurora speaker...coming up

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Hello gents

Video from final auditions of the Aurora.Soon to hit the shows...

Cheers
Stavros

What is the position of Aurora in the AC speaker hierarchy in relation to Symphonia?
Thanks

Last edited:

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Hello Matthias
The Aurora is an unofficial replacement for Symphonia,which though not obsolete, it will be made in VERY limited pieces.
That said ,the Aurora project was not initially intented to replace Symphonia.It was a personal side project, somewhat proof-of-concept kind of design/prototype. Somewhere along the way,the project really took off and many design aspects of the speaker are quite new in our line. The top version of the new speaker is IMVHO superior.

Cheers

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
What are the 4 x 12” woofers - look like Acoustic Elegance TD12?

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I was at axpona and heard this setup a few times . I advised many to go to that room . Some heavy hitters on here too . All the reps of this room were very kind and informative . The sound was great such a cohisive sound , i just wish it was a bigger room for these . The above first post a larger system made me have to hear these . How this large setup could have such a massive sound and not have a hint of sharpness or uneven sound alone is amazing to me . I hope other more known and skilled attendees post about this system . To me this is a room that once heard put me at such a high level it made it hard to hear most other rooms .

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
The top version of the new speaker is IMVHO superior.

Hello Stavros,
please can you describe with a few words the different versions of Aurora.
Is there also a fully passive version?
Thanks again.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
I was at axpona and heard this setup a few times . I advised many to go to that room . Some heavy hitters on here too . All the reps of this room were very kind and informative . The sound was great such a cohisive sound , i just wish it was a bigger room for these . The above first post a larger system made me have to hear these . How this large setup could have such a massive sound and not have a hint of sharpness or uneven sound alone is amazing to me . I hope other more known and skilled attendees post about this system . To me this is a room that once heard put me at such a high level it made it hard to hear most other rooms .
Hopefully the A 4.2, E213 room in Munich will prove a little more commodious and allow the Aurora’s to breath and show more of what these phenomenal transducers are capable of.

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Reactions: Argonaut

Aries Cerat

Industry Expert
May 30, 2015
Hello Stavros,
please can you describe with a few words the different versions of Aurora.
Is there also a fully passive version?
Thanks again.

Hello

The options are both aesthetics,and performanced oriented.

Let's skip the former...

1.One main option, is the use of a much higher caliber compression driver for the midrange, and a different length midhorn. The specific optional driver is also used in our Contendo speaker, and can be loaded (using of course the proper horn) down to 80Hz! In the Aurora of course it is crossed at 280Hz , when using this driver and horn.

2.The Bluetooth tuning module. This tech was developed for the Contendo crossover, but has taken it's role as (optional) module that controls several parameters of the speaker using our phone application. This is not digital domain module,no A to D to A or dsp, , but fully analog line and speaker-level filters, that their parameters are modified on the fly using our
app-controlled switches.
One of the reasons why the Aurora could the play the way it could in a 4x5 room in Axpona, and at same time the same speaker can fill our 450sqm space, is this capability, of tuning and "taming" the speaker to suit the space it is loading.

3.The built-in amplifier, can be upgraded, or bypassed while using an external amplifier ,ex. using any of our other amplifiers in our lineup.Anything from a humble Concero to a Geminae can be used as the amplifier of the active section. As you can imagine this option opens up a lot of possibilities. No need for cross or wiring modification, cross box is ready to go, and any other amp can be plug and play.

4. Umbilical wires,as you can imagine, this is small details compared to the other options, but still ...

The speaker can play fully passive without any internal mod on the cross. The active section is same sensitivity as the mid/treble section, so it can play passive. However you cannot exploit the use of the active filters and what these add to the result.

Cheers
Stavros

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Hopefully the A 4.2, E213 room in Munich will prove a little more commodious and allow the Aurora’s to breath and show more of what these phenomenal transducers are capable of.
Will you be at the show?

Run-RMC

Apr 16, 2022
UK
Imaginative design, I like the idea of Bluetooth tuning. I"d like to hear these when time permits. What's the RRP for these horns?

Last edited:
Reactions: Renoguy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing