AV receiver

Borisr

Jun 30, 2019
I need a device that will control 1 speaker for living room, 2 ceiling bathrooms speakers, 2 patio speakers.
So basically, 3 zones.
Can 7.2 AV receiver do that?
Or I need 9.2?
It would be nice to control them separately., or at least to be able to turn down volume in desired zone/zones, while playing music.

Borisr

Jun 30, 2019
I need a device that will control 1 speaker for living room, 2 ceiling bathrooms speakers, 2 patio speakers.
So basically, 3 zones.
Can 7.2 AV receiver do that?
Or I need 9.2?
It would be nice to control them separately., or at least to be able to turn down volume in desired zone/zones, while playing music.
Well thanks guys :D

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
It depends on what you are trying to do. If you want independent volume contro of each zone then none of the above will work. You will only have independent volume control of two zones.
If that is not an issue then put the a7.2 in seven channel stereo mode and be done.
You are asking a question that asks many more questions about applications.
Try posting this at www.remotecentral.com in the custom installers lounge to get a better response.

Reactions: Borisr

Borisr

Jun 30, 2019
It depends on what you are trying to do. If you want independent volume contro of each zone then none of the above will work. You will only have independent volume control of two zones.
If that is not an issue then put the a7.2 in seven channel stereo mode and be done.
You are asking a question that asks many more questions about applications.
Try posting this at www.remotecentral.com in the custom installers lounge to get a better response.
Thanks, I'll go there

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Yes some AV receivers can easily control 3 Zones (some 4), and with independent volume control.
https://www.crutchfield.ca/S-oBMuygNVykh/learn/learningcenter/home/multiroom_power.html

A 7.1-channel receiver can have three zones, plus preouts for zone 2 and 3.
Some even have four zones, with the fourth being mono, or even stereo (7.1, 9.1, 11.1, 13.1, 15.1).
It can go quite complex with some receivers...9.2.6

Anyway a simple AV Receiver (7.1), some have 3 zones, and with independent volume for each zone.

And, there is also this if it doesn't have 3 zones:
http://www.ambery.com/2in5outprsps.html

Borisr

Jun 30, 2019
Thanks man, I really appreciate your reply, since this is first time someone tells me straightforward in last 20 days...
I've been hanging on forums for days, visiting Best Buy, calling their home advisors, contacting crutchfiled... but or ppl wanted to sell me something (service or product) or they didn't know the answer.
You mention 7.1, I don't need to look for 7.2, right?
Sorry for bugging you with this, but I just wanna grab opportunity and find out what are my options.
So for example:
-AV receiver Yamaha RXV579BD 7.2 channel
-Bose SoundTouch30 for living room
-Yamaha NS-AW350W All-Weather Indoor/Outdoor 2-Way Speakers- terrace
-OSD Weatherproof 6.5” In-Ceiling Single Stereo - Dual Tweeter Speaker 2 for bathroom
Is this a set up that will work normally?
Sorry and thx :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
1. Hi-FiGuy replied to you within four days.
2. AV receivers are a very very small percentage of this website; so the vast majority of members would simply skip. It's more an audio jewelry website.

* And finally, any receiver you are interested in all that information you asked for is easily available in the manufacturer's online manuals, with zones 2 and 3 and how they work, how you connect, plus graphs, etc. It's very easy for anyone to give you what's already online and that you can get.

For example, the Yamaha receiver that you're interested in.
You seem well versed technically.

Cheers,

Borisr

Jun 30, 2019
1. Hi-FiGuy replied to you within four days.
2. AV receivers are a very very small percentage of this website; so the vast majority of members would simply skip. It's more an audio jewelry website.

* And finally, any receiver you are interested in all that information you asked for is easily available in the manufacturer's online manuals, with zones 2 and 3 and how they work, how you connect, plus graphs, etc. It's very easy for anyone to give you what's already online and that you can get.

For example, the Yamaha receiver that you're interested in.
You seem well versed technically.

Cheers,
Ok thx.
I meant that for 20 days I am looking for an answer (solution), didn't say that nobody answered.
Ppl answer in 2 days, but no one gave me solution.
HiFiguy told me that 7.2 can't do 3 zones, you said that 7.1 can... but never mind, I'll continue to look for the info I need.
Thanks for you effort and replies.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I give you my opinion if in your shoes: If I had to wait twenty days to get some concrete feedback on an audio forum ...

Within 24 hours I would have got those informations from online manuals.
The Yamaha receiver you're interested in; it should give you that info in the online manual.
Look @ the rear of the receiver also for preouts for zone 2 and 3; normally it's the higher end receivers that sport those RCA jacks. And in the manual it will also tell you if zone 2 has independent volume control, same for zone 3. Plus it will indicate how various options you have to make the connections, with graphs, and with additional stereo amps.

You also have the HDMI connection that you can use for another zone, or two. ...With your music you can also have a different picture in another room, or two. Some receivers will allow you to have music in two more zones without additional amplification. Plus they will allow you to use two different sources from your prime listening/viewing room. Independent volume control for two or three zones is also possible in some receivers.

There are so many possibilities depending of the receiver's features offered.
I gave you two very good links on this.

Are you asking for us to look for you? You have already everything you need with those two simple links, that you could have got easily without me looking for them. ...Right?

Cheers,

Last edited:

Borisr

Jun 30, 2019
I give you my opinion if in your shoes: If I had to wait twenty days to get some concrete feedback on an audio forum ...

Within 24 hours I would had those informations from online manuals.
The Yamaha receiver you're interested in; it should give you that info in the online manual.
Look @ the rear of the receiver also for preouts for zone 2 and 3; normally it's the higher end receivers that sport those RCA jacks. And in the manual it will also tell you if zone 2 has independent volume control, same for zone 3. Plus it will indicate how various options you have to make the connections, with graphs, and with additional stereo amps.

You also have the HDMI connection that you can use for another zone, or two. ...With your music you can also have a different picture in another room, or two. Some receivers will allow you to have music in two more zones without additional amplification. Plus they will allow you to use two different sources from your prime listening/viewing room. Independent volume control for two or three zones is also possible in some receivers.

Are you asking for us to look for you? You have already everything you need with those two simple links, that you could have got easily without me looking for them. ...Right?

Cheers,
It's ok, thanks, I will do as you suggested

Within 24 hours I would have got those informations from online manuals.

Cheers,
No, of course I don't ask you to browse for me... I thought that maybe you know by heart... just when you read the name of the model.
I'm outdated regarding audio technology, living this collective zombie life having no time to type even this message, and English is not my native language, so maybe that's why I sounded like I'm rude and asking too much.
I'll check all links and I will figure out what to do.
Thanks guys once more for your patience and help.
Cheers

Borisr

Jun 30, 2019
I have Dracula accent indeed... but I'm not from Russia.
I'm from former Yugoslavia.
Btw, Crutchfield tech advisor told me to look only for 9.2 and that I need something else for living room instead of Bose SoundTouch 30.
So I just need to figure out what speaker to buy for living room and that's it.... yeeeee
Cheers

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I don't know your budget for an AV receiver but here are few inexpensive ones (as exemples) that are 9.2-channel and can power two additional stereo zones in addition to the main 5.1-channel one. You don't need any external amplification, neither a speaker selector; all is included in one unit, and for less than $500. It doesn't have to be Onkyo/Integra; Yamaha, Denon, Pioneer, ...also have 9.2-channel AV receivers in that same price range.
Those below would be sufficient to power all the 3 zones, unless you like levels @ 737 jet levels (extremely loud, damaging loud).

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_580RZ630/Onkyo-TX-RZ630.html

https://www.accessories4less.com/ma...87-9.2-ch-x-100-watts-thx-a/v-receiver/1.html

https://www.accessories4less.com/ma...drx-3.2-9.2-ch-x-90-watts-a/v-receiver/1.html
_____

A 5.1-channel receiver would require additional amplification for zone 2 and 3.
A 7.1-channel receiver would power zone 2 but would require external amplification for zone 3.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I did some research and this AV receiver (7.2-channel) would work too; it would power 3 zones:
? https://www.accessories4less.com/ma....4-7.2-ch-x-110-watts-thx-a/v-receiver/1.html

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/36-home-v-distribution/3034102-1-avr-power-3-zones.html

That's a heck of a deal! ...The best.
If your budget is $300 this is it man, but you live in Europe...former Yugoslavia.
_____

You need an American friend who would buy it for you, and ship it to you (if that is possible) and with the extra shipping/duty fees. I have zero clue.
But, those models you can check if they are available near you and for how much (best deals).
They are older models (a year or more), so they cost less but that's the use you have for; 3 powered zones.

Here are two more (just below $600):
https://www.accessories4less.com/ma....2-9.2-ch-x-100-watts-thx-a/v-receiver/1.html

https://www.accessories4less.com/ma....2-ch-x-120-watts-thx-a/v-receiver-new/1.html

So, something to look for nearby; six AV receivers that would all do what you asked for, and between $300 and $580. The best deal happens to be the less expensive one, for $300 (@ 75% off).

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing