Avalon Setups.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Nice setups vassago!, I see you prefer the Pass/Spectral amplification over tubed amps (i do too for Avalon), i reached great results using Metaxas, Rowland, Gryphon and now Levinson.

vassago

Dec 1, 2011
denmark
Nice setups vassago!, I see you prefer the Pass/Spectral amplification over tubed amps (i do too for Avalon), i reached great results using Metaxas, Rowland, Gryphon and now Levinson.

Hello
I like pass labs so most, Gryphon I have sold that in some years, Rowland, then it has to be the old amps,, the same with ML, Metaxas I love to..

Tubs no thanks....

egidius

Member Sponsor
Feb 13, 2011
Switzerland
Hello
I like pass labs so most, Gryphon I have sold that in some years, Rowland, then it has to be the old amps,, the same with ML, Metaxas I love to..

Tubs no thanks....

How about the bigger MIPA amp by Audio Consulting - I heard about them working fantastically (truly only hearsay!!) - have you come across them? e

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
What a nice speaker! Enjoy!

What has been your experience setting-up Avalons vassago?, departing from mine they are a foot closer to the back wall....

vassago

Dec 1, 2011
denmark
What a nice speaker! Enjoy!

What has been your experience setting-up Avalons vassago?, departing from mine they are a foot closer to the back wall....

I dont think avalon has a problem when it come close to the back wall,, last year I had some wilson MAX2 Grandslamm and Sasha and the have to be longer from the back wall, the mis some bass control...

When I go to shows with avalon I used small rooms, If you can get a good sound in a small room the you can sell the speaker overhere.

Like this.
http://www.vassagohifi.dk/cms/typo3temp/pics/214b507f85.jpg
http://www.hifi4all.dk/content/articlefiles/2483-Vassago1_1.jpg

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I agree, but when there is a chance to bring them in towards the room (let´s say at 1/3), then soundstage recreation is benefited IMO.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I have not vassago, but the Indra is in my short list of possible upgrades for my Ascents... not in a hurry thou :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing