Avengers 4: Endgame - Trailer

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Is Hulk a forum moderator, he turns green when angry with the bad guys

Ked, what are you talking about?

_____

On other relevant news, ;) Avengers: Endgame is now just slightly short of $100 million before it can reach Avatar's world record of $2.788 billion @ the box office...before inflation adjustment.
It won't affect the world's current if ever it does in the future (I think it will), but it might have a tiny small impact on James Cameron's ego. Which is a good thing for Avatar 2 in two years from now.

* I am amazed @ the ascent of Disney in the world of movie entertainment and much much more. Disney shares cannot be more sweet for their investors; this is true solid gold stock, unlike Theranos and bitcoin.

Disney is a big part of the entertainment culture across several continents.
Marvel is a huge franchise, bigger than Star Wars, bigger than Harry Potter, bigger than James Bond.

People, families, children, ...they all love to have fun @ the movies...and Marvel provides, big big times looking @ the numbers. Today's huge cash register machine, and nobody can't argue with that; they do nothing wrong; they entertain.

I predict that by June 11, Endgame will be roughly $50 million short of Avatar.
And before Labor Day ...

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
? https://io9.gizmodo.com/avengers-endgame-is-returning-to-theaters-real-soon-a-1835649149

Just by the numbers:
On June 14 it was within $50 million from Avatar's worldwide box office revenues (without inflation adjustment). I was three days of target.

As of June 18 (yesterday), Avengers: Endgame stands @ Worldwide: $2,744,012,261

That's just less than $44 million from Avatar's $2,787,965,087
Yes I know, Gone With the Wind is the number one champ after adjusted for inflation.

Endgame is still playing in some theaters, and should still be playing till Labor Day long weekend.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
It's funny how Disney/Marvel is giving a boost to Avengers: Endgame @ the theaters starting this Friday (28) coming up by "tactical advertisement" in the hope (in fear) to surpass Avatar's number one spot worldwide with $2.788 billion. It's just a weird game after only two months when Endgame is still playing from its original run and will still till about a week or two after Labor Day, if not longer.

? https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/0...38-million-away-avatar-box-office-re-release/

It's not a re-release per se, it's an attempt to beat Avatar quicker and by making sure of it.
If it doesn't it's no big deal because they can have another shot (a rerun) @ it another time in a near future...next year or so.

Anyway for now FOX Avatar is still the grand champ of that department, and for the last ten years, till Avatar 2 in 2021.

Movies are funny, movie studios more, people even more. Life is funny. :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Trollhunters on Netflix turned out to be too good. Best animation I have seen, plus good comedy and characters and story. In the third season when everyone gets together and battles all the evil giants the scenes are so much better than avengers.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I have no idea Marc.

By the way, Avengers: Endgame is only $5.5 million roughly from the $2.8 billion worldwide landmark (box office) ... Worldwide: $2,794,509,335 (100 days, yesterday).

After this week it should be less than $5 million.
Including today it still has another 40 days to go @ the theaters.

We'll see if it can make that landmark, I think it can. Meanwhile the 4K UHD Blu-ray disc will be available here in North America on Tuesday, August 13. ...Looking forward to that precious stone to complete my Marvel movie collection on Blu and in 3D and in 4K ... #23

* Very happy long weekend; it is simply beautifully gorgeous here on the Island with the Pacific Ocean a stone throw away ... that gentle ocean breeze helps a little coping with 30° Celsius Sunday weather, and under the oak trees shade. ...A nice cold ice beverage of course.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

Many Blu-ray fans, I Included, would love to know why the IMAX scenes are not integrated in Avengers: Infinity War & Endgame on their 4K Blu-rays. We all love IMAX, very very few people don't.

Disney is the richest movie studio in Hollywood and in the world. It is strange that they cheapen on home video media. Also the 4K BR doesn't include Dolby Vision (Disney is not a supporter), and the film @ 181 minutes long is on a BD-66 instead of a BD-100. The later has the potentiel to improve picture and sound quality. And of course Disney stopped supporting the 3D BR video format here in North America (you have to order them from Amazon International...overseas).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing