AXPONA 2023

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
What we did wile young I have some stories like that too. up
North it was snow blizzards
Asian and Aussie accents must be fun to look at faces lol.
Me it’s easy I look like an Italian meatball and talk like one too.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
IIRC CAF was the Tribute debut.

Reactions: Big Dog RJ
Apr 24, 2023
CT
treehausaudiolab.com
I liked that slab of maple speaker with the field coil coupled driver and DSP woofer. Very clean and smooth. Did not sound Hifi at all.

Calling the Treehaus Audiolab speakers not Hifi is perhaps one of the greatest compliments! It was my first AXPONA; it was a fantastic show and I am already looking forward to the next one (well, apart from the drive from CT to IL)

Reactions: aangen

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Would have certainly been nice to have such shows here. Since our last decent one, which was in Nov 2017, the ones after that were absolutely useless. Nearly every source is predominantly streaming, zero TT's, zero analog. Hardly anything to gain or learn from, other than have a good laugh meeting old maties. It's not a sad thing, it rather reflects the actual highend market, which is a very very tiny segment compared to say the US, UK, Europe or the far east.

However, our private owner / dealer demos are really tops! Some very lofty systems that need further tweaking to sound optimally but those few who get it right, are definitely impressive. These are the ones I look forward to attending, plus you have to be invited. And of course the other demos I look very forward to are the ones at the Adelphi. So whenever I do visit at least once a year in Feb or July, I make the most of it for that one full week. The private dealer demos over there are outstanding! Nearly all of them now use Nordost Odin 2 Gold cables as their full power loom. That cost of cables alone, exceeds my entire system! So it better be good.

Cheers, and Enjoy those fine tunes!
RJ

David Hyman

Oct 18, 2014
What a great show! I've finally decided to make an account here on WBF. I've been attending shows for around 10 years and it's incredible to see how these companies have evolved over the years.

My favorite rooms of the show:
The new Magico S3, much smaller in size than I was expecting, is absolutely stunning and worked SO WELL in that room. Mind absolutely blown.
I always enjoy visiting the MBL rooms. A very unique speaker that always impresses.
The Acora Acoustics flagship seems ridiculously overpriced... I was a fan of their speakers when they first entered the market, and they don't sound horrible, but that speaker is ridiculously overpriced for what you get.
Unfortunately, the Estelon Extreme left me with the same impression... the bass seemed bloated and there was a horrible separation between the tweeter/midrange and the low frequency woofers. Not impressed in the slightest.
I went to visit the Shunyata room and was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the new version of the Clarisys Minuet panels in that room... just as good as, if not better, than they sounded at the Florida show in February. They blow the Alsyvox speakers away... Clarisys has one of the best sounding speakers in the market right now.

That's what I have for now. I may post up some more notes soon.
My experience in Munich was quite the opposite. Both speakers on my bucketlist but Alsyvox was a different league. Echoed sentiment from 2 friends who were there.

Reactions: jbrrp1

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
My experience in Munich was quite the opposite. Both speakers on my bucketlist but Alsyvox was a different league. Echoed sentiment from 2 friends who were there.
Pardon me if I have missed a post, but were the new YG Hailey Reference speakers on demo at Munich and if so did anybody who attended hear them.
They were unveiled shortly before the Show but I am unclear if they were actually playing at Munich

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Pardon me if I have missed a post, but were the new YG Hailey Reference speakers on demo at Munich and if so did anybody who attended hear them.
They were unveiled shortly before the Show but I am unclear if they were actually playing at Munich
Hi Barry!

Yes, the Hailey 3.2 was playing in the YG room in Munich, but not always, as they rotated between various speakers throughout the day.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Barry!

Yes, the Hailey 3.2 was playing in the YG room in Munich, but not always, as they rotated between various speakers throughout the day.
Thanks Alex
I have only seen any very brief comments on them, but favourable.
I will be interested to hear a considered appraisal of them

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing