B&W P5 Headphones

mixalis0209

Jun 22, 2020
Can anyone help please? I was given a pair of B&W P5 Headphones which I was led to believe were perfectly OK, but I can't get a sound out of them. I've tried swapping the cable that connects the headphones to the device for a new one, but that didn't help at all. I'm not a technical person, and I don't know whether to assume that they have a fault or not? I'm wondering if these particular headphones are a bit more sophisticated than just "plug in and listen" which I assumed them to be, and I'm perhaps missing something? I've tried them on an Android Phone, a laptop, and an iPod, all without success. Are there perhaps programmes or drivers that have to be downloaded to the devices first, or something like that? Before I think about getting them repaired, is there anything anyone can suggest I do/try? Any advice would be most appreciated. Many thanks, Kind Regards Michael

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
They are not simple in that they can operate wired or wireless and they have noise-cancelling ability. Download the user's manual.
I got a pair for my grandson and he has nothing but praise for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: mixalis0209

mixalis0209

Jun 22, 2020
They are not simple in what they can operate wired or wireless and they have noise-cancelling ability. Download the user's manual.
I got a pair for my grandson and he has nothing but praise for them.

Many thanks for the information, much appreciated.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing