Balanced interconnects for headphone system: Wireworld Platinum 8 or Transparent Ultra etc?

Ian B

Oct 20, 2020
I'm putting together a headphone system mainly consisting of an EMM Labs DA2 and Audeze The King Mk II amp. I was using a set of Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 RCAs, but discovered that the XLR connection between DAC and amp sounded much better so I need some good balanced interconnects. As good as the current Wireworld is, the Audeze amp can be a bit austere and bright, and I'm suspicious I have too much silver in my system, so looking towards a slightly warmer and more grounded sound.

Would I lose anything sonically going from Wireworld to Transparent at equivalent price? I just notice that 1 meter of Eclipse 8 is $3000 for RCA and XLR, while with Transparent Ultra the RCA is around half the price of the $2800/meter XLR. It sounds like the balanced is just twice the network on the cheaper cable, and I'm wondering if it is actually equivalent to the Wireworld.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Transparent will not give anything up sonically. It has very natural portrayal. Transparent also has a certified used program, so you may be able to get a better cable in their line up. Those networks are doing something important musically....A dealer should also be able to loan you a cable to try...The Ultra cable line up from Transparent is very good, I would not dismiss it. Good luck

Ian B

Oct 20, 2020
Transparent will not give anything up sonically. It has very natural portrayal. Transparent also has a certified used program, so you may be able to get a better cable in their line up. Those networks are doing something important musically....A dealer should also be able to loan you a cable to try...The Ultra cable line up from Transparent is very good, I would not dismiss it. Good luck
Thanks, that is good to know and will look into this.

I'm also considering one of the new Shunyata Alpha or Sigma v2s to complement all my NR v2 Shunyata power cables and Denali. I've heard synergy between cables can add something extra.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Yes, I've owned Shunyata before. I would stick with their power cables to your Denali. It's really good stuff...

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
If you are interested in pure silver, look up artisan silver cables in the UK. Their top of the range nth degree cables are terminated with furutech xlr’s and are excellent value and sound quality is also superb. I use a set between CD player and stax amp.
good luck with whatever you choose

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing