Banshee-Season 1 Episode 1

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
For those of you who love a macho, action packed good guy, bad guy new series thriller totally different than my favorites, Boardwalk Empire and Homeland have a look at this new Cinemax series on Fridays at 10:00 PM. If you want blood, guts, graphic violence and some fairly overt sexual scenes I can promise you that this one won't disappoint. If you aren't in tune with such scenes don't watch as some of the things that happen are pretty darn violent.

In summary the show revolves around a guy who is just released from a 15 year stint in prison for a large diamond heist. His partner and accomplice in this crime is a woman who assumes a new identity and ironically marries the district attorney of a town in a Pennsylvania town in Banshee county where there is a large Amish population. In the town is an Amish man who is evil and corrupt and controls the town in everything violent and illegal. In a bar spat this man sends two of his henchmen to the bar to extort money from the owner. In the bar is also the town's soon to be new sheriff and the man who just was released from jail. The encounter that happens is absolutely jaw dropping as the series suggests what is to come. I won't comment further to avoid giving anything away for those who are interested. If you are not a fan of such drama and graphic violence, this series is not for you. If graphic sex is also not your thing, don't watch. If you want a truly action packed series that almost borders on the ridiculous have a look at least at the Series opener

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
This sounds right up my alley and I'm looking for something new to watch now that Homeland season 2 is over.

Thanks!

Steve Williams

This sounds right up my alley and I'm looking for something new to watch now that Homeland season 2 is over.

Thanks!

Some will find it silly and/or offensive but I promise a jaw dropping experience

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Steve, thanks for the tip. I watched the 3 episodes last night. Great show!

Steve Williams

not sure if any one other than Frank and i are watching this series. I must say that when I thought that this series couldn't get any more violent or graphic along come episodes 5 and 6. This series is just not for the light at heart for these very reasons. Suffice it to say that if you guys are into a truly man type series, I promise this one delivers and you won't be disappointed. And BTW, I would strongly advise against trying to get your wives to watch this series if you want to stay married

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
My wife and I watched the first 4 episodes to give it a chance but aren't planning to watch any more. Nothing to do with the violence, but we found it just way too preposterous, unbelievable and of lower quality than many other shows.

We're not TV snobs or anything (we like Spartacus!)...

Steve Williams

My wife and I watched the first 4 episodes to give it a chance but aren't planning to watch any more. Nothing to do with the violence, but we found it just way too preposterous, unbelievable and of lower quality than many other shows.

We're not TV snobs or anything (we like Spartacus!)...

some of the best shows on TV IMO are based on preposterous hypotheses

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
I can't get enough of it! It IS preposterous but who cares. It's a wild show and I enjoy it immensely.

Steve Williams

Episodes 5 and 6 literally had me sitting on the edge of my seat. That whole episode with the albino convict was incredible

And BTW, don't you think that the 15 year old daughter of his former girlfriend is really the sheriff's daughter, conceived before he was caught and sent to prison

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Ha, Ha!

Looks like an excellent paranoid XYYYYY revenge fantasy. Although the protagonist does in the first couple of minutes of the show what every convict thinks he should be getting away with but usually results in a rapid 180 back to prison. No parole officer, steals a car, gets drunk in a bar, finds a woman in said bar immediately whose only purpose in life is to sanctify her body with the seed of studly strangers then disappear, starts wreaking havoc on old acquaintances.

I'll have to watch just to see if he maintains the Mr. Cool Tool fantasy. Walking around in a tee shirt with chronic manly stubble, pulling on bottles of Jack or whatever, smoking cigs but still with a gym toned body and can run a 4 minute mile without breaking a sweat, inflicting millions in property damage and grievous bodily harm without spending lifetimes in court etc. etc. and of course, the series of sexually aggressive women who crave the honor to be his zipless sanctified sperm sheaths.

Cool.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Episodes 5 and 6 literally had me sitting on the edge of my seat. That whole episode with the albino convict was incredible

And BTW, don't you think that the 15 year old daughter of his former girlfriend is really the sheriff's daughter, conceived before he was caught and sent to prison

Absolutely she's his daughter. I think he knows it too. Should be good this week when Carrie is supposed to turn him over to her father.
I love the way he operates that sheriff's office. We need more people in law enforcement like Lucas.

I agree with you on the scene with the albino convict but I was a little surprised, the way that show goes, I figured they would show every gruesome detail.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
If I made my wife watch a single episode of this, I would have to pay a penalty 20 chick flicks in a row. Guess I will have to try it out on my own.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Finished watching the first episode. Trying to figure out who is going to be dead meat. The DA is a good candidate, nice scene of him munching his wife's taco while she fantasizes about her old partner in arms. The bald cop looks like a good dead meat prospect. The barkeep ex-con/boxer with the sociopathic heart of gold is possible, but the bar seems to be an important gathering point for people to face off, so maybe not.

Anyway, it looks to be a 10 on the Gratuitous Scale, gratuitous Bee Emmy at least, with lots of gratuitous sex, violence, macho BS and posturing, and even politically incorrect bigotry. As far as morality and boundaries are concerned, my expectations are low, maybe another sociopathic soap opera like the HBO series "Oz" with even worse stuff.

All I could think of when the villain was picking the piece of tooth out of his fist was, "Man, that's going to be septic in no time!", but I guess the TV villains heal really well.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Finished watching the first episode. Trying to figure out who is going to be dead meat. The DA is a good candidate, nice scene of him munching his wife's taco while she fantasizes about her old partner in arms. The bald cop looks like a good dead meat prospect. The barkeep ex-con/boxer with the sociopathic heart of gold is possible, but the bar seems to be an important gathering point for people to face off, so maybe not.

Anyway, it looks to be a 10 on the Gratuitous Scale, gratuitous Bee Emmy at least, with lots of gratuitous sex, violence, macho BS and posturing, and even politically incorrect bigotry. As far as morality and boundaries are concerned, my expectations are low, maybe another sociopathic soap opera like the HBO series "Oz" with even worse stuff.

All I could think of when the villain was picking the piece of tooth out of his fist was, "Man, that's going to be septic in no time!", but I guess the TV villains heal really well.

You ain't seen nothing yet!

MiTT

Jun 28, 2010
Thornton, Colorado
I've got to catch up! I was able to watch episodes 1-3 but then a heavy travel schedule has interrupted the fun. Time to find some "me" time.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing