BAT VK-P5 power supply capacitor leak and sparks

Joostp

Mar 22, 2020
Netherlands
Some months ago i bought a BAT VK-P5 phono pre-amp to use with my Sondek.
When i powered it up for a listening session this afternoon sparks came out the unit! It turned out to be leaking power supply capacitor (470uF 250v) that shortend two leads on the circuit board.

It looks repairable so i plan to order parts to replace all caps on the board.

I would like to ask two questions:
Does anyone have a service manual for the BAT VK-P5?
Does anyone have any hints, tips or experciences to share repairing/modifying this amp?

Thx

Attachments

• IMG_20210725_215132.jpg
    IMG_20210725_215132.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 13

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Wish I could help.i used to own bat vk500 amplifiers and they kept on breaking down.I had 3 repairs done in 6 months on them.contact bat they might be able to help you.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing