Bayz Audio 2.0 Announcement

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Greetings,

Rhapsody is proud to announce that we now have the Bayz Audio 2.0 Couante speakers available for demonstration in our Manhattan studio. We also have the Counterpoint model from Bayz Audio arriving in January.

The Bayz Audio 2.0 Announcement is shown below.

http://www.bayz-audio.eu

(In addition if any dealers that might be interested in learning more about becoming a Bayz-Audio dealer please contact Kris Jackson. Kris is the International Sales Director at Bayz, his contact information is noted below)

Bayz Audio of Hungary, manufacturer of the world’s best omnidirectional Audiophile Loudspeakers (www.bayz-audio.eu) is announcing the immediate introduction of their next generation Counterpoint 2.0 and Courante 2.0 Loudspeakers.

The new 2.0 version includes a package of significant improvements:

Improved Internal Cables – allowing greater transparency and warmth while improving transient response and impulse response of the system.

Improved Bayz Radial Speaker (BRS-HR) – providing true High Resolution frequency response to 40K Hz with extremely low distortion and unbelievable impulse response.

Hard cover on the BRS-HR – a lazer-cut aluminum cover provides increased protection for the BRS-HR driver.

Improved mechanical connections to the solid granite base for greater stability and ease of setup.

Wood backplate for improved vibration dampening of the cabinet.

Effective immediately, all new orders after January 1st, 2020 will be for 2.0 systems. Please note the new pricing below.

Counterpoint 2.0 (Carbon Fiber) MSRP €144,000 U.S. Price $159,000 (includes shipping/VAT)

Courante 2.0 (Carbon Fiber) MSRP €55,000 U.S Price - $60,000 (includes shipping/VAT)

Courante Piano Finish (Black) MSRP €53,000 U.S Price - $58,000 (includes shipping/VAT)

Prices do not include shipping, import duties, or VAT

“We have not had any price increases since introducing the original Courante over two years ago. With the help and feedback from our customers we have addressed any cosmetic or performance suggestions resulting in a significantly improved product. The performance of the Courante 2.0 is comparable to, or better than, speakers costing much more and is the best value currently available among audiophile speakers - and the sound is fantastic! The Counterpoint 2.0 is quite simply the best sounding omnidirectional speaker. You must hear them!”, says Bay.

Regards,

Kris Jackson

Bayz Audio

International Sales Director

+1-619-808-7713

krisj@bayz-audio.eu

www.bayz-audio.eu

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Auditioned the Courante at the Hong Kong Bayz dealer last night.

It's the carbon fiber version. The external finishing is excellent.
20191212_185219~2.jpg

The pairing components were APL flagship sacd transport+dac and an Absulare integrated amp (signature version).
20191212_185111~4.jpg

It gave a presentation quite diff from conventional speakers.
Full of energy. Huge soundstage. Big sweetapot/optimal liatening seats.

To summarize in a word : very Immersive!
I was transported to the music hall.

Courante is a special speaker. If you like MBL type of omni speakers, you must go for an audition of the Bayz!

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Thanks Howiebrou for going with me.
Please share your view too.
:D

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Question: is bass deep enough? I’m worried that two way speakers may not have deep enough bass.
A surpise : it has deep bass!

I played this cd yesterday.
This is an audiophile testing disc. The track 1 has subtle low volume deep bass from an organ in the beginning, flowing to listeners along the floor.
And near the end, both the orchestra and organ explode in the climax.
Not easy for any speakers.
I think the Courante was OK, and shall be even better when fully run-in.
20191213_111924~2.jpg

BTW please note that only the vintage full-silver version is a treasure :
20191213_112138~2.jpg

All other versions such as reissues, current productions and even the Japanese SHM-CD reissues are rubbish sonically.
;)

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
Gentle People

Can anyone comment on how the Bayz speakers handle classic rock, hip hop and electronica? Or are they more suited to Classical and Jazz?

Last edited:
Reactions: infinitely baffled

ferenc_k

Apr 9, 2011
Gentle People

Can anyone comment on how the Bayz speakers handle classic rock, hip hop and electronica? Or are they more suited to Classical and Jazz?

For proper rock listening, even on low level, you need to move air and you need a punch. This construction can not do this, you may need more speaker surface for this.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
For proper rock listening, even on low level, you need to move air and you need a punch. This construction can not do this, you may need more speaker surface for this.

I'd like you to visit my room and tell me the Courantes' can't rock:) Where have you heard them where they didn't rock?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Gentle People

THEY ROCK. My room is 18' X35'X 11' and even the Courantes at moderate volume pressurize the room. The bass is quite amazing and goes deep as well!

In the Counterpoint review Matej exercised them with Daft Punk, Iron Butterfly, T-Rex......they rock and you would never know it by looking at them.

I have 5 other speakers in my studio that I would say do not rock, the Bayz DO rock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke LeJeune

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
I was pleasantly surprised by the Bayz. I think I've heard them twice and found the big model to be quite good, while the smaller model was not my cup of tea.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I was pleasantly surprised by the Bayz. I think I've heard them twice and found the big model to be quite good, while the smaller model was not my cup of tea.

I've found that they are very polarizing. I've had one person buy Courantes after listening to a song for literally 20 seconds. I've had others that don't like the look at all.

In my room most visitors like the sound of the Courantes, I have Counterpoints coming in January.

I would say they have a different presentation than say Alsyvox, Diesis, Magico etc.

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
The look is off-putting to say the least. But speakers this size belong in a separate / isolated listening room - not in a living room. So at that point, I don't think the look is nearly as important. Maybe it still factors in for some folks. I'd like to hear them again is all I know. Of the speakers you mention, I dislike Alsyvox and Magico. So I'd agree these are quite different.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
The look is off-putting to say the least. But speakers this size belong in a separate / isolated listening room - not in a living room. So at that point, I don't think the look is nearly as important. Maybe it still factors in for some folks. I'd like to hear them again is all I know. Of the speakers you mention, I dislike Alsyvox and Magico. So I'd agree these are quite different.

Well I would say that the look is off-putting to you and of course that's cool, I love the look. I've had maybe 20 or 30 visitors since I've had them, guys and gals, and I would say 90% of these visitors were amazed at the look. Like I said polarizing, although in my world I've been surprised how people are attracted to the way they look.

And sure you don't like Alsyvox and Magico, but I love both of them. Different strokes for different folks:)

In Manhattan lofts that serve as living rooms as well, a lot of people would love the look. I've also had people say they look like coffee machines:)

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I could see them in a hipster NYC loft for sure.

I really do like when they are the only speaker sitting in the room and you have this full bodied, 3D soundstage, well, it just doesn't; look the speaker has anything to do with the sound. vs with other speakers, not that they don't disappear, all good speakers do, but somehow there is still a sense that the speaker is playing.

With the Bayz it seems more like a sculpture sitting in the middle of this grand musical room enveloping experience. It's a different sensation for me. Then when you add the really low distortion that is really noticeable on small scale music- vocals, piano, violin, trios, etc. and the voices and instruments seem to be there by themselves in a different presentation than almost every other speaker that I've ever heard.

For me the presentation is as unique as the look. If you happen to like the aesthetics and the sound, then there is nothing quite like them.

Reactions: Zoltan Bay

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Reactions: Rhapsody

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
It's very risky putting videos on the site as many will issues with something or another. AND the cell phone delivers maybe 10% of what it sounds like in the room. The room is 700 SQ. FT. and the track in the video was playing at 90db with 95db peaks. I wouldn't go any louder with the Courantes, the bass in the video seems like 10% of the in room bass, but here ya go....

Reactions: CKKeung

ferenc_k

Apr 9, 2011
I'd like you to visit my room and tell me the Courantes' can't rock:) Where have you heard them where they didn't rock?

Actually I was the one who invented the name "Bayz" Audio ... as working for them some 3 years as a kind of adviser. So I know the concept quite well, with its benefits and limitations.

I am designing and operating PA and studio monitoring systems as well, and based on my roughly 30 years experience I know it is very difficult to do proper rock listening at home without "punch", which usually requires front-facing at least 12-inch bass speaker to move some air. Some kind of "bone shaking" required and it is not just mean loud. At least how I am enjoying rock. You can be different of course, it is just my way. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing