Bayz Audio Counterpoint 2.0 >>>>Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I have had a few people on the forum who have asked in the past when the Bayz Audio Counterpoint 2.0's would be arriving. They have arrived.

Normally the Bayz speakers take a few days to actually lose a static discharge from the styrofoam in the shipping containers, but right out of the box they are quite magnificent sounding.

20200318_152256.jpg

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
It will be better in the next days
Zoltan

a huge welcome to WBF

Such an interesting looking speaker that seems to be the buzz on everyone's lips

I'd love to know a few things about the speaker and am hoping you might find some time to enlighten the readers

Reactions: musicfirst1

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Last edited:

Zoltan Bay

Industry Expert
Mar 7, 2020
Zoltan

a huge welcome to WBF

Such an interesting looking speaker that seems to be the buzz on everyone's lips

I'd love to know a few things about the speaker and am hoping you might find some time to enlighten the readers

Steve,

Thank you for your question, I'm realy happy to be here at the forum. It slowly midnight in Hungary, please be patience. I will try to answer the questions that arise, tomorrow.

Zoltán

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
What amps are you using with them? I see you have Pilium and Constellation.

They just walked in the door today. Right now they are on the Constellation Pictor/CentaurII. I will play them 24/7 for a week or so, BUT starting to listen on the first night. Fun. I enjoy listening to "things" break in.

I'm in a bit of disbelief at the moment. The smaller Courantes are very good, BUT the Counterpoints are an entirely different experience......as they should be. RadioSwissClassic is mesmerizing.

With living in a war zone, music is a good thing.

Zoltan Bay

Industry Expert
Mar 7, 2020
Zoltan

a huge welcome to WBF

Dear Steve,

you are at all times very welcome you ask any questions about our products. We will always do our very best to reply best possible. Lets get started!

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Looks great Bob, happy to hear about your first impression.

Hi Bo,

Hope you are doing OK! NYC is getting very "eery" day by day. I'm lucky as I have quiet time to break in the Counterpoints.

I must say that the Counterpoints are quite something. I listened late into the night and I'm looking forward to the next few days. Will report back more impressions once the speakers settle in a bit.

Reactions: Frank750

Bayz-Audio

Mar 18, 2020
www.bayz-audio.eu
Hi Bob

I am very fine. Denmark is very closed down now another step yesterday but actually it gives time to focus something else and great time to listen a bit more good music. I will be listening the Courante in my living room hopefully nest week.
Keep us all updated about your 'over time' experience. I will say don't expect them to change a lot over time. They are easily broken-in.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Hi Bob

I am very fine. Denmark is very closed down now another step yesterday but actually it gives time to focus something else and great time to listen a bit more good music. I will be listening the Courante in my living room hopefully nest week.
Keep us all updated about your 'over time' experience. I will say don't expect them to change a lot over time. They are easily broken-in.

Understood with my experience with the Courantes. It only takes a day or two to lose the static build up that occurs in their shipping and styrofoam packing. Although even last night they were singing beautifully with a full 3D Holographic soundstage, which is unusual for any speaker to provide right out of the box.

I must say that the Counterpoints provide more of a full bodied presentation than maybe I have ever heard with any speaker. The bottom end is nothing less than amazing. Couple that with crazy good layering on the soundstage.......I'll stop as I know they need a few days to settle in, then I will report on what I am hearing.

Be safe and well.

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
OK Bob, we all want to know! How do the counterpoints sound after a few days? Are they still breaking in? How are they in absolute terms as well as compared to their little (little?) brothers the Courantes?

Kerry

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
OK Bob, we all want to know! How do the counterpoints sound after a few days? Are they still breaking in? How are they in absolute terms as well as compared to their little (little?) brothers the Courantes?

Kerry

Hey Kerry,

Hope you are safe and well.

After the first 8 hours of playing the Counterpoints came to life. I could have lived with the sound at that point. The next day and then the third day - I really can't explain how they sound. I will put them up against ANY speaker at any price.

Once they lose the static charge after about 8 hours that they accumulate during shipping with the carbon fiber tubes, which develop a static charge, they are good to go. After 3 days they seem broken in. I think they are 80%-90% right now but I can update that guess with what I experience over the weeks to come.

The Counterpoints are a different experience than the Courantes. The Courantes have the same type of sound and in a smaller space than my space would get closer to what the Counterpoints do in my space.

The Counterpoints have clear, articulated bass that betters my two Rel 212SE subs with much more definitions of individual bass lines. The bass with heavy bass recordings goes down under the floor, extends deep down, but is also very full up through the mid-bass.

Gorgeous full developed midrange. VERY OPEN sounding with the 360 deg tweeter/mid from 2K HZ up. I have the Counterpoints 10' out in the room and the layering is as good as I have ever heard. Very strong presence of every instrument and voice.

Bodies of backup singers on the sides of the sound stage give a sense of the full body of the person vs. just the voice. Same with a center stage vocal.

Be well and keep safe.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
These speakers fascinate me. Can someone explain to me their mode of action

Zoltan will chime in when he sees this, but basically from 2KHz on up there is the center mid/tweeter called the BRS (Bay Radial Speaker) It is 360 deg sound patented radiating driver.

From 2K Hz down, you have for instance on the Counterpoint two each 9.5" drivers. One faces upwards, one down venting out two rear ports.

The two 9.5" drivers which have open backs work against each other.

Each speakers sits on very heavy granite slabs with adjusting feet that have spikes that by turning the feet can be lowered or raised depending on the flooring that they will be sitting on.

The BRS enclosure is made entirely of carbon fiber lined with a proprietary dampening compound.

From the Bayz site http://www.bayz-audio.eu

The development of the Bayz Loudspeaker (BRS) took over a decade to design in order to meet the exacting performance that Zoltan Bay required. Per Zoltan, “For the BRS design, I wanted a much a faster impulse response with very low ringing as compared to other loudspeaker offerings. My intention was to develop a loudspeaker with the absolute lowest distortion and idealized pulse capabilities, with perfect frequency response in all directions”.

I will let Zoltan add or correct my understanding.

The Courante are basically a smaller version of the Counterpoints. The Courantes have smaller CF tubes and smaller drivers with a smaller BRS tweeter. The Courantes also have fixed footers without the adjustable spikes that are integrated into the Counterpoint stands.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing