Bayz Audio Counterpoint 2.0 >>>>Rhapsody.Audio

Beachman

Mar 20, 2020
A quick note about sensitivity: the speakers are 94 dB/2.83V/m on axis and anywhere 360 degrees around the speaker. That’s why Bayz speakers appears to be so much efficient than a monopole rated at the same on axis sound pressure level (SPL). It’s because the monopole’s SPL drops off sharply as you move off axis.

Reactions: Bayz-Audio

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
It need about one meter minimum from the back wall, nothing else special. Of course you should fine the optimal listening place, but very easy to move because the low mass.
Also based on very short listening impressions, they seem to like the near(er) field, with next to no compromises when seated outside the traditional sweet spot.. (its more like a sweet 'zone' with my 6 seating locations working more or less equally well, or at least with only changes in relative listening perspective*.

*One has to close ones eyes to 'hear' this as the visual cues provide such a disconnect relative to the audible ones.

Last edited:

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
A big shout-out to Bob @ Rhapsody... who else gets the coolest speakers... Bayz, Diesis, AlsyVox? Bob’s place is truly the audio laboratory! I’ve heard the Diesis and love, love, love them, the Alsyvox have many fans, and now Bayz? I wish I were not on the other side of the continent.

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
A big shout-out to Bob @ Rhapsody... who else gets the coolest speakers... Bayz, Diesis, AlsyVox. Bob’s place is truly the audio laboratory! I’ve heard the Diesis and love, love, love them, the Alsyvox have many fans, and now Bayz? I wish I were not on the other side of the continent.

Thank you Bob!!!! Hope to see you again soon:)

Reactions: Bobvin

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
A big shout-out to Bob @ Rhapsody... who else gets the coolest speakers... Bayz, Diesis, AlsyVox. Bob’s place is truly the audio laboratory! I’ve heard the Diesis and love, love, love them, the Alsyvox have many fans, and now Bayz? I wish I were not on the other side of the continent.
Ditto!!

Reactions: Rhapsody

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Thread subscribed?
May i ask, how well do they integrate with sealed box subwoofers, and are there any plans to build matching subwoofers?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thread subscribed?
May i ask, how well do they integrate with sealed box subwoofers, and are there any plans to build matching subwoofers?

I have no idea, I doubt if anyone has tried, but who knows???

Last edited:

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Yep, it's great there are lot's of choices for different preferences.

Be well and stay safe!

Last edited:

Beachman

Mar 20, 2020
Infinitely baffled:

To the best of my knowledge, the manufacturer (Bayz Audio) has never insisted "...the sub 25 hertz region is irrelevent or unimportant." That decision is up to each individual. Because of the exceptional impulse response of the Bayz Audio Counterpoint and Courante, both would integrate well with most subs including sealed or infinite baffle.

While the Counterpoint's half powerpoint (f3) is 24Hz, its outputs extends to lower frequencies (albeit, rolling off) especially when considering room dimensions, room absorption, Schroeder frequencies, room gain, etc., etc., etc. Regardless of the sub, the room response is a complicated subject unto itself.

Bayz Audio has no current plans to produce a subwoofer as there are numerous excellent subs already on the market.

I hope this has answered your question. Please let us know if we can answer any other questions you might have. Thank you.

Reactions: Bayz-Audio

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
I'm not going to get into an argument with you because i am neither trolling, nor looking to make a mess of your thread. Your speakers look fantastic, I am a true admirer of dipoles, and on a mission to find my next, or even ultimate pair.
But truly full range perfomance is a must.

When rolling off a speaker's frequency response below 24 hertz, ie demphasising that region of sub bass, the manufacturer has made a determination that the information in that region is less important.
I would respectfully disagree.
It's where the scale, the sense of the truly awesome, and the fear factor reside.

We sit on the cusp of a generational shift in music listening habits and tastes. What was adequate for previous generations' preferred programme material is no longer so; if your frame of reference is a jazz trio, string quartet or even full orchestra, you may be unable to excite someone used to powerful sub bass.
I understand that perhaps at this time punters like me are only just beginning to enter the high end market, but in the future there will be more consumers wanting the sort of bass extension in their home that they can get in their vehicle, or hear from a big sound system in a warehouse playing drum and bass or trap

Beachman

Mar 20, 2020
Infinitely baffled,

May I suggest you visit your closest Bayz Audio dealer and audition a pair with your favorite sub? I think it would be an awesome combination. If you get the opportunity, please report back to the group as I know everyone is interested. Thank you, good luck, and great listening!

Reactions: infinitely baffled

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Infinity Baffled,

I have REL 212SE's and Goldmund subs. The Goldmund subs operate between 10Hz and 20Hz only. I personally would never play subs with either of the Bayz speakers, but that's my personal preference.

If you visit I would be glad to set either of the Bayz speakers up with either of the subs. Although I doubt you or anyone else will be flying to NYC anytime soon to hear speakers:(

Again, Be well and keep safe!

Last edited:
Reactions: infinitely baffled

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
Thread subscribed?
I am breaking in the Bayz Audio Corantes (smaller brother of the Counterpoints) as we 'speak' and I have a "six pack" of 12" Rel Gibraltar G1s
(3 high x 2 channel) which I intend to integrate in the coming weeks. Stay Tuned.

I agree that fear, menace, and awe exist from 30 down to 15hz. My system and room does -3db to15hz.

However If you dismiss Bayz because they currently don't provide a sub design, you are missing the finest design I've ever heard, and certainly among the very best speakers at any price. The Courantes are clearly better to my ear than the best of Rockports current offerings; the Cygnus and the Lyra. (and everything else I've ever heard or owned). I've made a point to hear almost all of the contenders, and not just under show conditions, but in many cost no object dedicated systems.

P.S. I dont anticipate significant problems with integration of the REL towers and the Bayz, as the Rels are blindingly fast for a sealed enclusure design but they will most likely need relocation outside and behind the Bayz Courantes.

Below is my setup with my previous main speakers; the Rockport Cygnus:
20181107_163901.jpg

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Zoltan Bay

Industry Expert
Mar 7, 2020
Welcome to WBF!

Hi Ron and everyone,

I'm glad to be here on the forum, me and my colleagues are working to answer the questions. In this forum we will announce our latest developments, please keep your eyes on what's going on in the coming months. There will be many new releases!

Last edited:

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Infinitely baffled,

May I suggest you visit your closest Bayz Audio dealer and audition a pair with your favorite sub? I think it would be an awesome combination. If you get the opportunity, please report back to the group as I know everyone is interested. Thank you, good luck, and great listening!
I don't suppose you can tell me who handles UK distribution?

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
I am breaking in the Bayz Audio Corantes (smaller brother of the Counterpoints) as we 'speak' and I have a "six pack" of 12" Rel Gibraltar G1s
(3 high x 2 channel) which I intend to integrate in the coming weeks. Stay Tuned.

I agree that fear, menace, and awe exist from 30 down to 15hz. My system and room does -3db to15hz.

However If you dismiss Bayz because they currently don't provide a sub design, you are missing one of the finest designs I've ever heard. The Courantes are clearly better to my ear than the best of Rockports current offerings; the Cygnus and the Lyra. (and everything else I've ever heard or owned). I've made a point to hear almost all of the contenders.

P.S. I dont anticipate significant problems with integration of the REL towers and the Bayz, as the Rels are blindingly fast for a sealed enclusure design but they will most likely need relocation outside and behind the Bayz Courantes.

Below is my setup with my previous main speakers; the Rockport Cygnus:
View attachment 63201
Please keep us updated on how you get along?
My hunch, based on my own experience of stereo bass stacks, is they sound better when sited outside the main speakers.
Otherwise I felt as though i was listening to the main speakers working to complement the bass, rather than the other way 'round

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing