BE CAREFUL out there

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I heard another online horror story from a client today that was buying /trading some used gear and got ripped off.
Please check out the person you are dealing with. Dealers have companies, trade references, lists of clients and history. Maybe they are priced higher in some spots but that's because they actually have a business with overhead. These private, undocumented, un-insured, non-tax paying quasi dealers can take your cash or your gear and split. A web page means nothing be careful the cost of a mistake at this level is expensive.
It is not my place to reveal the details other than this person is from California. A word to the wise.

GertSterlingSilver

Aug 12, 2016
Netherlands
Agree with your post 100%
The age old saying "If something seems to good to be true, it problably is" holds up really well.
I was so relieved to recieve my amp amp+FM reciever last wednesday. The bloke had some good reviews and after conversing a bit through e-mail he seemed to have a genuine understanding/interest of the equipment he was dealing in, so I decided he was a legitimate seller.
Still it was a bit unnerving waiting for it to arrive.

Sunny

I heard another online horror story from a client today that was buying /trading some used gear and got ripped off.
Please check out the person you are dealing with. Dealers have companies, trade references, lists of clients and history. Maybe they are priced higher in some spots but that's because they actually have a business with overhead. These private, undocumented, un-insured, non-tax paying quasi dealers can take your cash or your gear and split. A web page means nothing be careful the cost of a mistake at this level is expensive.
It is not my place to reveal the details other than this person is from California. A word to the wise.
This sucks.Please PM me the name of this individual. I would like to know.
Best,
Sunil

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing