Beethoven piano concerto eludes me

Roger Dressler

Industry Expert
Aug 4, 2011
Oregon
There I was binging Ozark on Netflix, when along comes the entirety of the Adagio from Piano Concerto No. 2 in B-Flat Major, Op. 19 at the close of Season 1. The final minutes of the performance really grabbed me for the measured pace and expressiveness.

It is also called Concerto No. 2 in B-Flat Major for Piano and Orchestra, Op. 19: II. Adagio, in case that helps.

So I tried to find this recording. But how? Nothing in the end credits, and the online "Netflix music" lists usually point to a different recording --whatever Shazam told them I guess. Tunefind says it's RONALD BRAUTIGAM, NORRKÖPING SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA, ANDREW PARROTT. I beg to differ.

I've sampled many other recordings of this piece online and have come up empty.

Anybody here able to identify it? All you need to hear are the last 2 minutes of the piece -- it starts 5 minutes from the end of the Season 1, Episode 10.

Thanks!

Roger Dressler

Industry Expert
Aug 4, 2011
Oregon
Thanks Mike.

Yes, that's the recording most search tools cite. Unfortunately it's not the recording in the Ozark soundtrack. :(

That recording is a 2011 compilation, link. It includes the 2009 Brautigam performance available from BIS, a totally different rendition.

Maybe I will try to contact the music clearance folks at the production company.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Roger, did you try a "Sound Search" application?

The microphone of your device listens to the music and after few seconds leads you to its source.

Stay safe, stay home.

Roger Dressler

Industry Expert
Aug 4, 2011
Oregon
Yup, the same incorrect Brautigam recording. Hence my post here to see if any of our classical aficionados recognized the version used in Ozark. :(

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Any way to hear it if you don't have Netflix? Larry

Last edited:

zerostargeneral

Apr 14, 2018

This is my personal pick for an available title,Fleisher is superb and the Columbia UK pressing is the finest in my opinion.

Kindest regards,G.

Reactions: NorthStar

Roger Dressler

Industry Expert
Aug 4, 2011
Oregon
Mega Tester,

Francois Federic -Guy playing with the Orchestre Philarmonique.

Kindest regards,G.
Great spotting, sir! That's the one.

Here's the link to the Presto Classical website in case anyone else is looking for it.

May I ask, how did you find it?

Edit: The Adagio is available in its entirety on YouTube. Here

Forever grateful, Roger

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I just used my Sound Search app listening to that section on Ozark from Netflix, and that's the first entry it gave me (twice because I checked two time sections) ...

? https://www.amazon.com/Concerto-Pour-Piano-Orchestre-No/dp/B07G3J9ZP2

The General was dead on.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing