Berkeley Audio Design DACS!

DevAAudio

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2018
I am really enjoying the latest versions of the Berkeley Audio Design DAC's.

The Alpha DAC Series 3 - $10995
The Alpha DAC Reference Series 3 - $25000

They sound so real and lifelike! The Reference Series 3 sets a new bar for transparency and resolution. Goosebumps!!!:)

I have both on display at devAAudio in the greater Kansas City Region. I would be happy to assist with orders!

BTW... These DAC's sound amazing with Shunyata Research Digital Cables. The Omega's are out of this world and the Sigma's are not too far behind.

Cheers,
Deva

www.devaaudio.com
devaaudio78@gmail.com
913-498-9768 call/text

73EBA194-FBC8-479E-96E0-E35BBD770342.JPG
IMG_6520.jpg

Last edited:

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia

The Alpha DAC Reference Series 3 - $22000

They sound so real and lifelike! The Reference Series 3 sets a new bar for transparency and resolution. Goosebumps!!!:)

I have both on display at devAAudio in the greater Kansas City Region. I would be happy to assist with orders!

BTW... These DAC's sound amazing with Shunyata Research Digital Cables. The Omega's are out of this world and the Sigma's are not too far behind.

Cheers,
Deva

www.devaaudio.com
devaaudio78@gmail.com
913-498-9768 call/text

View attachment 78978
View attachment 78979
Gorgeous looks and I bet they sound amazing as well.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Reactions: DevAAudio

DevAAudio

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2018
Song after song and I have stopped analyzing. Sometimes a product makes you want to stop thinking about the music you are listening to and just creates an immersive experience. The Berkeley Audio Reference Series 3 is such a product! If you are shopping for a new DAC put this on your short list! :) Let us know if we can assist you with a purchase. The average turn around time to have these in your home from order time is 2 to 3 weeks!!!

Best,
-Deva

Sep 10, 2022
Does anyone have any more recent experience with the Berkeley dac lineup? very interested in the reference dac 3

jpwelcher

Sep 24, 2021
I owned a Berkeley alpha reference 3. In my system the ref 3’s detail retrieval was incredible. On some tracks you could hear each individual back ground singer instead of one voice. On another track you could hear that the singers voice was layered in depth instead of faded. On other tracks you could identify the reverb being used.

Such incredible detail can be a two edged sword. On my system tracks with excessive amounts of cymbals were just not pleasant to listen too. 90% of my music was glorious and 10% was like finger nails on a chalk board. I have speakers that can be bright so that may have been the problem. System matching is important.

I like to enjoy all of my music so I picked up a Baltic 3 to listen to the remaining 10% . Over time I found my self listening all the time to the Baltic 3 instead of the reference 3. So I replaced the reference 3 with a Bricasiti M21 which is now my primary DAC.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

The Alpha DAC Reference Series 3 - $25000

Cheers,
Deva

www.devaaudio.com
devaaudio78@gmail.com
913-498-9768 call/text

View attachment 78978
View attachment 78979
The Shunyata Omega are sublime digital cables.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing