Best 45 RPM Single Adapter

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Some of my favorite "one hit wonder" songs I have only on 45 RPM singles.

For example I just received Whitney Houston's iconic performance on Arista of the National Anthem at some football game only on 45 RPM single.

What is the best 45 single adapter? I have seen only the common cheap plastic ones, but, this being the hobby it is, I'm sure somebody has a recommendation for an improved 45 single adapter made out of titanium, or something.

Which 45 single adapter do you like?

Last edited:

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
The avid 45rpm and spirit level.
Both aluminium with the level weighing 180g for a typical audiophile album
Excellently made and about $90, allowing a possible conversion rate

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, pcosta and Nemal1!

The Avid looks great! I also noticed this one by ISOkinetic. Nemal1 do you happen to be familiar with this one as well?

Do you happen by any chance to have an opinion as to how they compare in terms of precision of machining?

I wonder if the one piece ISOkenetic is more precise than the two piece Avid?

8A260F15-E972-40BB-92B0-64CC3A3952E3.jpeg

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
Hi Ron,
I’m only familiar with the Avid as I own one, and can only say it is excellently made.
The other one looks well made also.
The main feature with my avid is the weight which is ideal for setting up the suspension on my Acutus which simulates the loading with an album.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I ordered the Avid.

Thank you!

PS: I'm pretty excited to hear this Whitney Houston performance on my friends' stereos!

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I just came across this (NSFW) like two seconds prior to seeing this topic, while searching etsy for turntable stuff.

The avid appears nice, but I'd prefer something the same thickness as the vinyl for a weight on top.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing