Best Amps for Sonus Faber Aida and Later Generation Sonus Speakers?

caesar

May 30, 2010
Aida seems very hard to drive. Heard Aidas with Audio Research, but it doesn't seem to be able to drive them to sound good with anything but small scale stuff and vocals. Can't rock with The Who with even ARC 750 monoblocks.

But recently heard the Aidas with Soulution. WOW!!!!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have spoken offline with a member here with a fantastic amount of experience and who is methodical almost to the extreme in his system design and setup. He told me that he heard the Aidas also being driven by a muscle amp and was underwhelmed by the experience...and just out of curiosity asked for the Zanden 9600 monos to be substituted, and he was blown away by the dramatic improvement in what he was hearing.

At the time, I had asked this member for advice about the Zanden 9600 monos, and this was part of the extremely positive answer he gave me.

Birdwatcher

May 29, 2018
EU
These are really good news, as I am interested in SF speakers for my Zanden 9600 MkII amps. Maybe not the bigger Aida or Stradivari, but Amati Futura or a Serblin Ktema.
Any advice on it?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
These are really good news, as I am interested in SF speakers for my Zanden 9600 MkII amps. Maybe not the bigger Aida or Stradivari, but Amati Futura or a Serblin Ktema.
Any advice on it?
If this audiophile (who has communicated with me privately) thought the 9600 II were one of the all time great experiences and particularly was floored by its pairing with the SF Aida, I do think you might wish to really ensure you have kept all SF speaker options on the table, including the SF Strads which I owned years ago. I think Amati Futura and 9600 could also be a great pairing potentially...heard 9600MKi and Futura individually but never together. Not heard the Ktema but understand from those who have that it is sublime. Again, strong candidate for magic with Zanden for me.

Reactions: Birdwatcher

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Any advice on it?

I used the Amati Futura with an Audio Research REF150 in my room and it was a perfect pairing, but only if the room is not too absorbing in the high frequencies - the Futura can show treble shy and lack air in rooms with heavy curtains or heavily damped in the high frequencies .

The Futura managed to disappear in my room much better than the Stradivari in the same room and they sounded wonderful with voices. Nowadays, if we like them, at used prices they are a really bargain,

Reactions: Birdwatcher

Hiempie

May 6, 2016
I use Spectral amp and preamp for about 15 years now and this is a wonderfull combination.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing