Best City Fun Car to Drive.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I have owned quite a few cars, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, McLaren, Benz, BMW, Mini, Dodge, Toyota, Honda, Mazda. I actually enjoy Mini Coupe most driving in Bangkok. It is most fun, most practical, most exciting (because I can drive as crazy as I want without worrying about totaling.) car of the bunch. The car is quick. It grips the road really well, zigzag from point A to B fastest. Never broke. The trunk is big enough to grocery shop for a week. I love the proportion of the car and I believe it will be a future classic.

80252403-4530-4EB9-96E2-5585D30FE728.jpeg

Last edited:

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I have owned quite a few cars, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, McLaren, Benz, BMW, Mini, Dodge, Toyota, Honda, Mazda. I actually enjoy Mini Coupe most driving in Bangkok. It is most fun, most practical, most exciting (because I can drive as crazy as I want without worrying about totaling.) car of the bunch. The car is quick. It grips the road really well, zigzag from point A to B fastest. Never broke. The trunk is big enough to grocery shop for a week. I love the proportion of the car and I believe it will be a future classic.

View attachment 59995
I liked my Mini Cooper S cabriolet but the most fun is still my Jeep Wrangler with the roof off. No it doesn't drive like a mini with its 35 inch tyres and 3 inch lift with cloth doors but for sheer bloody grin inducing fun in HK it's hard to beat.
IMG_20191203_170348.jpg

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
I liked my Mini Cooper S cabriolet but the most fun is still my Jeep Wrangler with the roof off. No it doesn't drive like a mini with its 35 inch tyres and 3 inch lift with cloth doors but for sheer bloody grin inducing fun in HK it's hard to beat.
View attachment 60000

Howie. How does the aircon work with no roof? :p It's bloody hot in HK.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012

Thats what the other cars are for ;) Actually as long as it's not raining and I'm in t shirt and shorts, it's tolerable even in the summer.

Reactions: XV-1

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Funny you should ask Khun Tang. I have a K car too. I got a 2019 Suzuki Jimny and sent it straight to the Off Road shop. Had the wheels and tires changed, upgraded the suspension, replaced the bumpers, upgraded all the lights. I then sent it to a speed lab and had a Rotrex super charger installed. Power up from 90 to the wheels to 140 more importantly the torque curve now looks like a turtle;s back :D

I love the little guy. So easy to weave in and out of traffic. Best of all is I now have a vehicle I can use for project inspections in remote areas that I don't sweat banging it up a bit. The whole shebang costs less than a premium DAC LOL

My kids dubbed it Baby G. Can you see why? :D

IMG_5862.jpg

Reactions: rando

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Shane you must be a fake aussie to complain about heat.

Reactions: XV-1 and howiebrou

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
The whole shebang costs less than a premium DAC LOL
From which brand?
That is a VERY wider range from about 10k to 208k :rolleyes:
Btw. it really Looks like a Baby G :cool:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Funny you should ask Khun Tang. I have a K car too. I got a 2019 Suzuki Jimny and sent it straight to the Off Road shop. Had the wheels and tires changed, upgraded the suspension, replaced the bumpers, upgraded all the lights. I then sent it to a speed lab and had a Rotrex super charger installed. Power up from 90 to the wheels to 140 more importantly the torque curve now looks like a turtle;s back :D

I love the little guy. So easy to weave in and out of traffic. Best of all is I now have a vehicle I can use for project inspections in remote areas that I don't sweat banging it up a bit. The whole shebang costs less than a premium DAC LOL

View attachment 60004
You sure don't have to worry about noise floor with these BF tires on.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
From which brand?
That is a VERY wider range from about 10k to 208k :rolleyes:
Btw. it really Looks like a Baby G :cool:

Much much closer to 10k than 208k for sure!

Reactions: christoph

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
You sure don't have to worry about noise floor with these BF tires on.

Hahahha all I can say is the tire noise is not loud enough to drown out Manila's incessant horn honking LOL

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012

View attachment 60004
My son wants this as his first car. Love the lime green versions too.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yes lime is one of the three premium release colors. Very nice indeed. There's supposed to be a really long wait list for the Jimny all over the world. Is it the same in HK? Maybe right hand drive countries are faring better.

One of the reasons i bought this car is that all my other cars except the e46 M3 are either automatic or DCT. I want my kids to learn how to drive sticks and even if the M3 is no longer considered to be a "fast" car, it's still dangerous in unrespectful hands. i think the Jimny a good learning platform. It's small, not fast, has body roll so students get more obvious feedback. It might be a good choice for your son. My first car was a beat up second hand manual Golf GL (The mommy variety LOL). I learned a lot from that jalopy.

Whether they copied the G Wagon deliberately or not, man they owe Daimler big time for this success. There are even full G Wagon and Land Rover Defender kits now. So friggin' cute LOL

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Just drive your Hellcat... ;)

Ok, ok... if I could pick a daily driver right now I'd probably get a Merc CLA45, I'd want AWD for the snow we get here. If no AWD then maybe a Boxster.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Yes lime is one of the three premium release colors. Very nice indeed. There's supposed to be a really long wait list for the Jimny all over the world. Is it the same in HK? Maybe right hand drive countries are faring better.

One of the reasons i bought this car is that all my other cars except the e46 M3 are either automatic or DCT. I want my kids to learn how to drive sticks and even if the M3 is no longer considered to be a "fast" car, it's still dangerous in unrespectful hands. i think the Jimny a good learning platform. It's small, not fast, has body roll so students get more obvious feedback. It might be a good choice for your son. My first car was a beat up second hand manual Golf GL (The mommy variety LOL). I learned a lot from that jalopy.

Whether they copied the G Wagon deliberately or not, man they owe Daimler big time for this success. There are even full G Wagon and Land Rover Defender kits now. So friggin' cute LOL

I didn't know they have a manual version. Nice and probably better to drive. Love the G wagon kits. These are two of my favourite ones.

a30ea680-a71c-11e9-9fb1-4cd7e1795bc1.jpeg

wald-suzuki-jimny-1.jpg

Reactions: JackD201

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My brother (the non audio one) has a Cooper S. Man it's Zippy. I see why Khun loves his Mini. I'd want one but well, I'm heftier than most :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reactions: howiebrou

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
My brother (the non audio one) has a Cooper S. Man it's Zippy. I see why Khun loves his Mini. I'd want one but well, I'm heftier than most :)
Jack, I am 155kg and i used to drive a mini and a Smart Fortwo! You'll be fine!;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Aha! Maybe Joe will trade for a new system Ahehehehehe

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing