Best City Fun Car to Drive.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Lotus Elise or Exige.

Great cars however too low with poor visibility (esp Exige) for regular city driving. I drive @15 miles daily in central London and would say that something like Cooper S / Abarth 500 / BMW i3 would be amongst the best options. And then I saw today’s press releases on the new Gazoo Racing Yaris homologation special :cool:

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Great cars however too low with poor visibility (esp Exige) for regular city driving. I drive @15 miles daily in central London and would say that something like Cooper S / Abarth 500 / BMW i3 would be amongst the best options. And then I saw today’s press releases on the new Gazoo Racing Yaris homologation special :cool:

I had my Lotus for a year in London when I lived there...some roads were a bit bumpy but overall it was great to have for parking in tight spaces and getting around in it was never an issue.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
I had my Lotus for a year in London when I lived there...some roads were a bit bumpy but overall it was great to have for parking in tight spaces and getting around in it was never an issue.
Sure, you can get by just fine. I thought my Elise had sublime handling and braking, preferred to my Caterham in fact. Just don’t feel that it’s the best type of car for city driving as better visibility allows for more, ahem, opportunistic manoeuvres...

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Yesterday I found a prime example in the price range the wife was ok with. I drove a 2020 when I was in Denver on Labor Day and while the Porsche Cayenne turbo was high on my list, I’m quite happy and think this will be much cheaper to maintain. It’s almost 10 years old now, but it only has 80k on the dial and only a few minor scratches outside with a flawless interior.
8B136B1D-9367-4E3D-87F5-D25F15B19CAE.jpeg

Reactions: howiebrou

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Yesterday I found a prime example in the price range the wife was ok with. I drove a 2020 when I was in Denver on Labor Day and while the Porsche Cayenne turbo was high on my list, I’m quite happy and think this will be much cheaper to maintain. It’s almost 10 years old now, but it only has 80k on the dial and only a few minor scratches outside with a flawless interior.
View attachment 71606
Nice. I used to own a Cooper S. It really did corner on rails.

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
View attachment 71606
Very nice ! Looks well cared for.. Nice find. I owned a 2005 MCS.. Installed a smaller pulley on the SC for more boost. was fairly peppy.. fun ride around town.. The mini’s had issues with the shock towers deforming due mostly to the hard RF tires. Good idea to check them, easy done from up top. can affect alignment if not corrected.. Enjoy..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing