Best Consumer TV money can buy right now ?

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I quite like the flagship Loewe Oled tv which has come down a lot in price in my neck & is now more competitive with high end LG & Sony tv's.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
In a few years 8K will be a lot cheaper!

Once you look at an 8K TV there's no going back !

I think OLED is dead now no matter what they do in the near future!

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I think OLED is dead now no matter what they do in the near future!
OLED dead already? :eek:
Excuse my naive question but what is THE tech then?

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
OLED dead already? :eek:
Excuse my naive question but what is THE tech then?

The Reality is OLED can't get bright enough to properly grade HDR so this tech is dead now! I think the new LED LCD Mini-LED's will be the future until Consumer grade Micro-Led's come on the market "at a good price"!

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Isn't HDR a (hopefully?) soon to be dead selling feature like 3D was?
HDR does NOT look natural at all to me :rolleyes:

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
The Reality is OLED can't get bright enough to properly grade HDR so this tech is dead now! I think the new LED LCD Mini-LED's will be the future until Consumer grade Micro-Led's come on the market "at a good price"!

Have you seen HDR on an OLED? OLEDs get plenty bright for the speculator highlights in HDR. Also, the deep blacks that OLEDs display plays a role here as well.

assessor43

Nov 1, 2018
From looking at TVs extensively over the last few months, I would say that the LG and Sony OLED's delivered the best images. Its personal preference as they are both great. Panasonics were not available in the ststes to see but they are supposed to be fantastic. I ended up with a Sony Af8. I liked the AF9, cannot d the kick standor I may have went in that direction as its picture is technically better. When I viewed them side by side, the Af9 was brighter but they looked extremely similar otherwise.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It is quite amazing the TV evolution.
In 2005 it scares me to mention the front projector LED TVs.
The best were the Pioneer Kuro Elite Plasma TVs.
In 2010 Plasma was "en vogue, Pioneer was out, Panasonic and Samsung were in.
In 2015 OLED was pushing in.
In the last four years, LG kept improving, Sony dancing in sync with LG OLED panels.
The video processors in LG and Sony are the best.
Panasonic OLED TVs (LG OLED panels) are among the best in Europe and Canada.

June 12, 2019 (yesterday), Sony OLED A9G is number one, LG OLED C9 is right there only by few points. Last year (2018), LG and Sony OLED were the best the same. In 2017 again. In 2016 LG OLED (some 3D models, the last year of 3D) also.

There is no doubt that Sony and LG and Panasonic OLED are the top best today.
What a ride, what a design compare to yesterday's bulky and heavy TVs.
The screen is thinner than a smart phone, and the picture beautiful as in real life transparent window to the world inside & outside.

It is quite amazing today the TVs we have to watch our favorite movies, TV shows, documentaries, live music concerts, ...on an OLED screen.

Tomorrow? We live today, and it's a beautiful life today, with everything in it...the world we discover each and everyday from smart content and entertainment @ the very best.
It's not only in moving pictures but also in moving emotions. ...Be it nature documentaries, best streaming channels, best 4K Blu-rays with top sound & picture, elevated highest standard @ the edge of 8K in a sane world of filmmaking with that extra coolness factor.

Sony OLED won yesterday...best 2019 TV. ...From a set of professional video calibrators and their higher class audience with high calibrated sets of eyes.
LG OLED won again too this year. It's in the USA; Panasonic OLED not available.
But, Panasonic 4K players yes, with Optimizer.

In audio I bet the best speakers and amplifiers are also close together, except it's not Sony, LG or Technics. :)

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Here's more feedback on the 85" Sony Z9G compared to a Reference $34K Sony OLED TV!:eek:

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing