Best Countries to Visit?

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
we are going to New Zealand this Feb for 18 days, 8 of which will be Back Road Walking tour

Ah Great!--you will see the New Zealand National Symbol--the Flightless Kiwi--he lives on the ground and Eats, Roots,Shoots and Leaves :rolleyes:

BruceD

images.jpeg

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
you're always welcome here should you ever decide to visit this side of the globe

Jadis even visited me about 8-9 years ago while I was living in the SF Bay Area and I visited him and Jack and Sam and Gerry 2 years ago in Manila

Thank you very much Steve. That is very generous of you. My traveling is more restricted by my 3 yr old boy these days. But if destiny strikes I would love to visit you and a few other in the US. It’s been more than 20 years since I last visited the US. I have a dream to travel around US in a convertible. Nice weather and cheap cars in your country.

Tang :cool:

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Thank you very much Steve. That is very generous of you. My traveling is more restricted by my 3 yr old boy these days. But if destiny strikes I would love to visit you and a few other in the US. It’s been more than 20 years since I last visited the US. I have a dream to travel around US in a convertible. Nice weather and cheap cars in your country.

Tang :cool:

Tang,

If you ever do make it back, I highly recommend an early to mid July visit, start in the Canadian Rockies, do their national parks including Jasper/Banff/Lake Louise and EVERYTHING in between go to Waterton which is the peace park shared by Canada and US then come south go to Many Glacier then go from east to west in Glacier NP, make a stop at Bigfork then go south to Missoula and west along the Bitteroots and head south to Yellowstone with your last stop the Tetons and from their you can fly out.

It's an amazing trip and one of my favorites. Should you do this I highly recommend making plans with a company called Off The Beaten Path. You won't be sorry. They will hook you up with guides that KNOW the area and will save you more time and $$ than doing it on your own.

I got hooked on the area and bought a place on Flathead Lake in Montana back in 2002. Even though I was born in Brooklyn in 53, moved to FL in 87 I like to tell everyone I am from Montana, LOL.

It's a great trip to do with a convertible, through the mountains, along some of the most beautiful rivers, lakes and tributaries there is. If you want to do some off roading just west of Missoula you can take an off road (or hike) the Lolo Trail but it is not the easiest.

IF you want to spend lots of time in a really amazing vacation take a guide through the Bob Marshall Wilderness in Montana. That is a rough one though.

Best
Howie

Reactions: brad225

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Tang,

If you ever do make it back, I highly recommend an early to mid July visit, start in the Canadian Rockies, do their national parks including Jasper/Banff/Lake Louise and EVERYTHING in between go to Waterton which is the peace park shared by Canada and US then come south go to Many Glacier then go from east to west in Glacier NP, make a stop at Bigfork then go south to Missoula and west along the Bitteroots and head south to Yellowstone with your last stop the Tetons and from their you can fly out.

It's an amazing trip and one of my favorites. Should you do this I highly recommend making plans with a company called Off The Beaten Path. You won't be sorry. They will hook you up with guides that KNOW the area and will save you more time and $$ than doing it on your own.

I got hooked on the area and bought a place on Flathead Lake in Montana back in 2002. Even though I was born in Brooklyn in 53, moved to FL in 87 I like to tell everyone I am from Montana, LOL.

It's a great trip to do with a convertible, through the mountains, along some of the most beautiful rivers, lakes and tributaries there is. If you want to do some off roading just west of Missoula you can take an off road (or hike) the Lolo Trail but it is not the easiest.

IF you want to spend lots of time in a really amazing vacation take a guide through the Bob Marshall Wilderness in Montana. That is a rough one though.

Best
Howie

Thank you very much Howie. I just copied what you wrote to my Traveling Lists.

Kind regards,
Tang

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Thank you very much Howie. I just copied what you wrote to my Traveling Lists.

Kind regards,
Tang

Dear Tang,

the Rockies are wonderful......i'll be in Vail, Colorado this coming weekend myself for a business trip.

and.....if you get in 'that' neighborhood, mine is quite close too...….either coming or going.

just say'n.

best regards,

Mike

Barry

Member Sponsor
Jan 7, 2012
Somewhere near Philadelphia, USA
I got hooked on the area and bought a place on Flathead Lake in Montana back in 2002. Even though I was born in Brooklyn in 53, moved to FL in 87 I like to tell everyone I am from Montana.

Howie

Flathead Lake. Who would have thought such a beautiful water paradise like this would exist in rugged Montana. All good suggestions!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I always wanted to live in Switzerland, and ski, and hike, and bicycle, and canoe, and drive, and listen to the wildlife, and the music.

One of my nieces is a stewardess, she went everywhere, almost, on the planet.
Retirement and travelling the world and eat various food and see and hear the musicians and hike the mountains and walk the beaches and ... is best.
It's better than travelling on the Internet. It's like live music versus sound reproduction.

This Earth is packed with gorgeous places, this is the best thread.

For example, post #170 ? http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...tries-to-Visit&p=520964&viewfull=1#post520964
View attachment 42687

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
we are going to New Zealand this Feb for 18 days, 8 of which will be Back Road Walking tour

Lucky you guys! West coast on the Tasman Sea down to Queenstown and Milford are special places and unlike any place on Earth.

I look forward to doing the N. Island circuit next time around.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Flathead Lake. Who would have thought such a beautiful water paradise like this would exist in rugged Montana. All good suggestions!

Barry,

Flathead Lake is quite unique. It is the largest freshwater lake west of the Mississippi, a haven for wildlife and because of it's size and being west of the Continental Divide and influence from the Northwest weather systems, has a relatively unique ecosystem. Now, I am not saying it doesn't get cold on occasions in the valley, but it is relatively temperate winters surrounded by mountains for some great skiing.

Whenever I have people out they express the same opinion, "it is magical".

The whole valley is starting to change. It has been discovered by Californians, Texans and Floridians. In 2002 there was no speed limit, heavy cream with coffee (you didn't dare ask for milk and they had no idea what skim milk was), you ordered meat and put up with cigarettes everywhere. I used to say, the most expensive part of going out to eat was the gas expense to get there. Well lots has changed.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Visited Singapore again after 8 years, and we went into new attractions that they built beside the Marina Bay Sands Hotel and Resort - Cloud Forest and Flower Dome. Like an urban jungle if you will, the whole thing domed and fully air conditioned, like chilly one would need a jacket and still feel chilly. 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.jpg

Reactions: AudioHR and ack

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Then beside those 2 domed 'garden' is a Tree Grove, liked by a Skyway suspension bridge, a test for those with fear of heights. I made it. :D

21.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg

Reactions: AudioHR and ack

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Marina Bay Sands Hotel Shopping Mall, with a lovely mini boat ride at the basement level.

P_20190310_122706_PN.jpg
31.jpg 32.jpg

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Singapore is just one big air conditioned shopping centre ;)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Cool. Very futuristic looking. Like in the movie Elysium.
I just saw on TV. They said Sing is the second highest cost of living city in the world.

Tang :)

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Singapore is just one big air conditioned shopping centre ;)

They tell me there are 2 kinds of weather in Singapore - hot, and hotter. When I was there, noontime, like open air Universal Studios, run to about 35C and then you go in the shops which have A/C, about 24C, and you keep going in and out of these 2 conditions, perfect for sniffles. :D There are many huge malls, even just along Orchard Road, but the problem is, the blocks and big and walking in 35C to get to the next mall isn't very appealing to me.

Reactions: XV-1

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cool. Very futuristic looking. Like in the movie Elysium.
I just saw on TV. They said Sing is the second highest cost of living city in the world.

Tang :)

Very high indeed. Like if you compare prices of oranges in supermarkets, the cost is 2x that in Manila. And both import from other countries. While in the Food Court inside Marina Bay Sands Mall, we found out that a plate of roast duck rice has 2 sizes, small and large. When we saw the small, it was really tiny, and we ordered large, which is just small if we were in other Asian cities. Even Tokyo and Osaka's rice meals are huge, and they are priced the same as Singapore. Also I was told, their currency has gotten stronger in recent times.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Known as one of the cleanest cities in the world, you get to rate their mall washrooms. Kinda like ebay's feedback function. :D

P_20190310_125632.jpg P_20190310_125628.jpg

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Traffic is light in Singapore, none of the crammed up sardine can like those in Manila, and I heard, in Bangkok. Subway is even loose, not crowded and packed like Hong Kong's MTR. And we purposely sat or stood in the first train so we could see the tunnel. No, the 2 guys texting are not the 'drivers'. :D P_20190311_110706.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing