Best Countries to Visit?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
looks like a wonderful time Philip

We did, Steve. The only drawback Is the hot weather but other than that everything was nice and easy. Plus, I got to meet my Koetsu distributor for the first time since we did business in 2006, and take home a Urushi Tsugaru.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Williams

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
My favorite cities to visit are San Sebastian, Rio, Verona or anywhere in Italy. Great food everywhere, start with San Sebastian.

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
My favorite cities to visit are San Sebastian, Rio, Verona or anywhere in Italy. Great food everywhere, start with San Sebastian.

The Amalfi coast and Florence are some of my favorite spots. Like Bonzo said, great food everywhere. I can't find prosciutto like that.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The Amalfi coast and Florence are some of my favorite spots. Like Bonzo said, great food everywhere. I can't find prosciutto like that.

If you go to Milan, you additionally get great hifi and Boggi, a brand of clothing that seems to fit me like a no brainer for reasonable price

Reactions: jadis

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
If you go to Milan, you additionally get great hifi and Boggi, a brand of clothing that seems to fit me like a no brainer for reasonable price

I haven't been to Milan yet or Lake Como. They are on my list, maybe in a couple years when my kids are a bit older. The clothes I buy there never fit when I get home....mmm pasta

Reactions: bonzo75

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Long Beach and Tofino are nice to visit ...

Reactions: AudioHR

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
That looks like a nice escape Bob.

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
It's not bad. Do you like fishing, surfing?

I love surfing but i don't know how. Waves in Galveston crest at about 1.5 feet, so not much of a ride. My oldest son that's 5 talks about fishing all the time. He loves this show call Chasing Monsters about catching huge fish. So I'm all in to travel and find some huge fish to catch and release.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Where I live it's a fishing paradise...small fish, big fish, seafood delicacies.

I did body surfing but that was when I was in my early twenties, few centuries ago ...
...On the coast of El Salvador with waves up to thirty feet.

I've been to Long Beach and Tofino and the surroundings few times. It's one of the nicest spots of Vancouver Island. I don't realize often enough that I live in paradise alley. Looking @ this thread is mind opening of that reality.

We dream of beautiful places and it's right in our own backyards, in my own backyard.

Reactions: Manesp2

Kenc

Jan 3, 2019
Toronto, Canada

Back in the day I used to visit audio shops during my travels but not so much now. I will be in Milan in June for meetings. Is there a specific hifi
store that is nice to visit time permitting? Already have tickets for something at Teatro all Scala although I'm not sure that's the best venue there for live music.

Kenc

Jan 3, 2019
Toronto, Canada
I'm off to Ireland in a couple of weeks. Never been. First few days will be in Dublin. One of my favourite musical experiences happened unexpectedly at a grotty neighbourhood Irish pub in my home town. This place was on the ground floor of a run down house and had seating for perhaps 24 people. As I was nursing my 3rd Harp lager, various people strolled in wielding musical instruments. They sat down at two tables in the corner and just started jamming. Apparently oblivious to everything around them. No cover, no tips, just the best example of musical joy I've ever experienced. I hope to experience the same on my upcoming visit but doubt that I'll find the right place. If you have a recommendation, let me know!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Back in the day I used to visit audio shops during my travels but not so much now. I will be in Milan in June for meetings. Is there a specific hifi
store that is nice to visit time permitting? Already have tickets for something at Teatro all Scala although I'm not sure that's the best venue there for live music.

If you are going to Milan you need to meet Gian60 and hear his system. Very special. Plus he has many audiophile buddies all living close by

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Bonzo is a frequent flyer to Italy because of these. I saw the pic and could smell the grill from Bangkok. After having this kind of food, everything he listened to sounded marvelous so you cant trust a word he said about his audio report in Italy.

27D3D627-E774-445A-B71B-CE62499E25C3.jpeg
D7CAC460-B54C-40A4-B981-56147377F208.jpeg
BDCCEE7F-4112-43C5-A031-46B1FA0502E5.jpeg
Kind regards,
Tang

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My wife and daughter will be France, Italy and Switzerland early April. My son and I are staying home to look after our dog. Maybe next year, we will swap. :)

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Back from 4 nights in Iceland and the weather was perfect, sunny but cold; the food fabulous though a little pricey; and some wonderful tours to waterfalls, glacier, geysers and thermal spas. Highly recommended though winter can be hit or miss with the snow and hurricane winds grounding everything. Next visit would be in summer to do more hiking and explore the island further.
B923F482-59DF-4BEA-80EB-08603FB09CAE.jpeg 5F4F4068-782D-42A7-BAEE-AD64B1432592.jpeg 9C049FDB-5A15-4F8B-AA71-1E2D2A64BD4B.jpeg

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Peru, is a country with amazing diversity.
I was there 3 times for work last year i go again saturday.
You got big snowy mountains jungle beach history and the big amazone basin/ rivers
Nice people.
I visited machu pichu which is stunning .
I did 2 jungle tours by boat /canoe / walking .
Saw dolphins otters anaconda cayman monkeys.
Do you know that in manu national park there still live many uncontacted people .
In an area as big as romania nobody knows what goes on inside .
Nobody is allowed to go in, plus its dangerous they dont like intruders .
Many got sick from initial contact with white people.
The last frontier , the jungle is really amazing

Reactions: NorthStar

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing