Best Countries to Visit?

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Is it the temple up on the mountain in Wakayama? That one was also wonderful.
Yes, Koyasan -> Mount Koya is at Wakayama prefacture. There are over a hundred temples there and half of them let you stay. I stayed there for a few days and spent time and meditated with the generous monks. I guess the whole temple complex is also referred as Kongobuji temple.

The temple you are referring most probably is Kongobuji. The main temple/hall was called "Kondo"!

You have reminded of very beautiful times, thank you.

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
A WBF Hotel in Kyoto. 50% discount for WBF member. :)

20220716_112941.jpg

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Do the guests quarrel with each other?

Do the staff moderate?

Any videos of the hotel made with good recorder? I will play back in 70mm

• Haha
Reactions: AudioHR

Nagian

Jan 3, 2024
USA
Well guys all are countries that you have mentioned here are truly amazing. I am in love with them and gonna tell you that had an alluring time period with my friends in Greece couple of years ago. I think this could be best choice for fun seekers and they can surely have a very good time there. Is there anyone who have been there?

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Well guys all are countries that you have mentioned here are truly amazing. I am in love with them and gonna tell you that had an alluring time period with my friends in Greece couple of years ago. I think this could be best choice for fun seekers and they can surely have a very good time there. Is there anyone who have been there?
Greece has always been our favorite. We go this year to Santorini in spring and to Milos in summer. It is pure bliss :cool:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Yes i have been to Rhodos Ios Crete santorini Athens

I love Greece / Santorini .

Currently i m in Corlu Turkey for work also nice , good food / friendly people in turkey .

The countries i love most are probably Peru and Egypt due to their diversity

Nemal1

Dec 9, 2018
We’re presently in the phillipines via Singapore which has become prohibitively expensive.
I was once able to purchase equipment up to 50% less than Uk retail after shipping and taxes etc, but starting point is now Uk prices. same applies to vinyl and sacd’s etc.
wont be in a hurry to go back after 20+ years visiting.

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
a beautiful spot on this earth, Lake Garda Italy. drive along the strada della forra in a convertible like James Bond. enjoy the sun, wines, food of the area. I always enjoy visiting the beautiful lakes in northern Italy. forra.jpg 1823213_1_metatagimage_82139144.jpg

AudioHR

VIP/Donor
Feb 11, 2023
High River, Alberta Canada
So many exotic and wonderful destinations! I just found this thread so I will have to catch up on everything that has been posted .

Just got back from Mexico. It's not terribly exotic but a great place for a Canadian who doesn't play hockey, or ski or snowmobile anymore to be In the winter. Lol!

Likely more destinations to follow!

Attachments

• IMG_2387.jpeg
    IMG_2387.jpeg
    633.7 KB · Views: 1

AudioHR

VIP/Donor
Feb 11, 2023
Yes i have been to Rhodos Ios Crete santorini Athens

I love Greece / Santorini .

Currently i m in Corlu Turkey for work also nice , good food / friendly people in turkey .

The countries i love most are probably Peru and Egypt due to their diversity
Yes I agree Peru was very interesting!

Attachments

• IMG_0482.jpeg
    IMG_0482.jpeg
    841.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0618.jpeg
    IMG_0618.jpeg
    765.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0649.jpeg
    IMG_0649.jpeg
    929.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0774.jpeg
    IMG_0774.jpeg
    682.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0816.jpeg
    IMG_0816.jpeg
    675.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0791.jpeg
    IMG_0791.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0874.jpeg
    IMG_0874.jpeg
    693.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0238.jpeg
    IMG_0238.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0610.jpeg
    IMG_0610.jpeg
    597.8 KB · Views: 3

AudioHR

VIP/Donor
Feb 11, 2023
I had not been to Peru or any south America countries yet.

Maybe next year I may go through several countires over there.
Pictures are of Machu Picchu and mostly the Amazon! Amazing place.

Reactions: thomask

vintage_tube

Nov 1, 2012
East Coast

Just returned from a 7-night Greek Island cruise with Celebrity Cruise line that began in Athens and visited Thessaloniki, Mykonos (more later), Ephesus ( Kudadasi, Turkey), Rhodes, Santorini, Hydra and return to Athens. It was a marvelous time and not one wet day. We landed on Thursday and stayed at The Port Square Hotel in Piraeus (Athens – near the port) and took in Friday sightseeing thru Trip Advisor (2024 Athens Greece Full Day private tour (tripadvisor.com) which covered all the major sights. Wonderful tour. Boarded the cruise Saturday & Storm David interrupted our Mykonos visit as seas too rough for tender transfer & the port was therefore closed. The captain arranged for a day earlier arrival at Ephesus where we took in downtown sights that afternoon & evening and with the overnight docking continued the following day to get the itinerary back on schedule. IMO, Athens, Ephesus and Santorini were the true highlights of the trip. We chickened out in Santorini and decided to take the tram to the top rather than (1) walk the zig zagged 800 plus steps or (2) ride the donkeys.

[/QUOTE]
Greece has always been our favorite. We go this year to Santorini in spring and to Milos in summer. It is pure bliss :cool:

You’ll love Santorini – so picturesque and beautiful. Take a tour if you can, and see some of the southern parts of the island, the churches, vineyards, and black sand beaches.

Headed for a 9 Night Celebrity cruise late 2024 to Barcelona, Lisbon, Porto (Leixoes), Tangier, Seville (Cadiz) and return to Barcelona.

Bob

Attachments

• IMG_1677~photo.jpeg
    IMG_1677~photo.jpeg
    724.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1394~photo.jpeg
    IMG_1394~photo.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1268~photo.jpeg
    IMG_1268~photo.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1254~photo.jpeg
    IMG_1254~photo.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
We took the donkeys up the zig-zag and watched the sunset from that cool bar at the top. Stayed at the black sand beaches on the other side and drove around the small island.

Recently had a mini break in Valencia, a cool town with old world charm, modern architecture and a long sandy beach. Food everywhere was great.
I must visit Grenada and Seville this year after Naples and the surrounding Amalfi coast.

Other favourite trips: Vietnam -north to south, use the Reunification Express; Jordan - Camp under the stars in Wadi Rum and Petra at night and daytime, more impressive than Machu Pichu for me.

Attachments

• IMG_4812.jpeg
    IMG_4812.jpeg
    916.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4724.jpeg
    IMG_4724.jpeg
    825.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4743.jpeg
    IMG_4743.jpeg
    808.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4576.jpeg
    IMG_4576.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Laos may be next for me , stunning wild country.
These are my kind of journeys :cool:

Basic Adventure no hotels .

Parc national Manu in peru for example is unexplored territory , government doesnt go in and no tourists allowed ( only a small section on manu river ), ..... Wild , i did see a Anaconda too , around 6 m long

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing