Best New TVs of 2019?

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
If I were buying a tv for a large living/dining room today, personally I'd go for the latest Loewe Bild 7. Loewe tv's have come down a lot of in price in my neck of the woods, so they're now more competitive with high end Sony and LG's.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
What largest size they come to? Are they OLED?

I have no clue what Australia has to offer for best TV in 2019, I just learned it from you.

In the UK they have this: http://www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk/l...ce=AW_Future+Publishing.&utm_medium=affiliate

In the USA they have that: https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED77C8PUA-oled-4k-tv

I didn't check for the lowest of lowest price...like Amazon perhaps, and on next Black Friday those should be even lower. OLED TVs are still relatively expensive, in particular in the 77" Class. But they came down enormously below that Class, like in the 65" and 55" Class.

QLED 75" Class are even less expensive, below $2,000 USD...some Samsung models.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-size/70-75-77-inch

But overall OLED TVs are still the best.
Those 5 above from the Forbes link I just posted, they are truly the best. IMO and in the opinion of several video experts. And only the LG C9 OLED comes in the 77" Class.

Last edited:

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
SONY A9G comes in 77".....

assessor43

Nov 1, 2018
its interesting. He always says the Sonys do pretty much everything better than the LG but he always rates the LGs best in class. lol

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
its interesting. He always says the Sonys do pretty much everything better than the LG but he always rates the LGs best in class. lol

Sometimes I am wondering if Vincent doesn't get a "cut" from LG electronics.
I always perceived him as an honest and unbiased and fair and ethical professional video calibrator TV and Projector reviewer. It's a tough world if you want to survive unscathed and intact without a scratch.

But in the overall state of the affairs both Sony and LG and Panasonic OLED TVs are among the very best. Panasonic OLED TVs by the way are not available in the United States of America.
So for the USA it's between Sony and LG, with OLED.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Looking forward to the A9G reviews...hopefully a 77"

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Sony OLED TV A9G won the 2019 TV shootout, followed closely by LG OLED C9.
I'll get more details ...

* It was a tie between these two in many categories; you can't go wrong with either one.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

assessor43

Nov 1, 2018
I ended up with a AF8. Looked at the AF9. I cannot do the kick stand. Are the new A9G' available? are they that much better? if so, I possibly could upgrade what I have as I am still in the review period.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing