Best of Series II: Demo tracks for low level detail and resolution?

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
This is my second thread on reference tracks. The first was for Best Bass Demo Albums or tracks here.

So in this thread I'm looking for the albums or cuts you use to evaluate resolution and low level detail. Please also list the format you are most familiar with as well.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Oops. I browsed too quickly and was thinking you were on the subject of bass phase II. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Anyone? Anyone? Buehler? ;)

Kerry, though many a music piece should suffice, here's a couple that come to mind. This is assuming that the lowest of all low-level detail is the ambient info embedded in the recording captured from the live performance. But one of these videos includes small percussive instruments generating plenty of less low-level detail.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing