Best solid state preamps around $15k used with remotes

yuhengdu

Jun 24, 2016
What is the best solid state preamps you ever heard under $20k used price? A remote volume control is required. I am interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Last edited:

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Well, you already have the Innamorata Signature, that would have been the top on my list. :)

yuhengdu

Jun 24, 2016
Well, you already have the Innamorata Signature, that would have been the top on my list. :)
Oh I mean the preamps. Yes I like the innamorata signature, great amp.

yuhengdu

Jun 24, 2016
You could get a Used dartzeel preamp for that money.
I know dartzeel amps are very musical but I never tried their preamps. I read from discussions that their preamp is a bit noise prone and should be matched carefully with amps to get a good sound. Have you compared it to other brands' ss preamp? Are you talking about their 18-NS preamp? thanks.

yuhengdu

Jun 24, 2016
Remotes are for TVs.
well, it is convenient to don't need to go up to the stack and turn the knob everytime.. especially when kids are around. : )

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I know dartzeel amps are very musical but I never tried their preamps. I read from discussions that their preamp is a bit noise prone and should be matched carefully with amps to get a good sound. Have you compared it to other brands' ss preamp? Are you talking about their 18-NS preamp? thanks.
Yes and yes. I think the magic is in the pre amp and yes it has been known to be noisy mainly due to the power supply which must be situated properly but I think it is definitely worth considering. It really does sound very good.

Reactions: yuhengdu

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Robert Koda??

Reactions: jeff1225

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Soulution preamp. Superb, especially if you have a valve power amp

Mikem53

Oct 1, 2020
Leaving out a volume control remote because it would be detrimental to sound is pseudo science and a pain in the ass
Exactly, Depending on implementation, I don’t see any trade offs that would be detrimental to Sonics.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing