Best streamer for Qobuz ?

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Right now i'm using a dedicated fanless NUC with Daphile OS and external SOTM USB reclocker for Qobuz streaming only in my headphone rig.
Results are pretty impressive therefore i'm starting to look at a similar solution but much higher end for my future speaker rig.
Since i will not need local storage or NAS i'm looking at things like SOTM smS-200ultra NEO + SOTM sCLK-OCX10 + SOTM sPS 500SE.
Please share your experience regarding top Qobuz and Tidal streaming hardware.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
I was streaming Qobuz through an Aurender N10 8 tb (now sold) using EMM DA2 dac (listed for sale at classifieds).
the sound was really good but couldn’t get used to listening to the music by holding an iPad.

Reactions: djsina2

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I was streaming Qobuz through an Aurender N10 8 tb (now sold) using EMM DA2 dac (listed for sale at classifieds).
the sound was really good but couldn’t get used to listening to the music by holding an iPad.

Thanks for your input, Aurender is a server, i will not need the local storage for Qobuz streaming.
That's why i'm looking at pure streaming machines like the SOTM smS-200 Ultra.
I think Totaldac has a player with no storage.

gipe

Oct 15, 2019
France
Hello,

I am a Qobuz subscriber and I have an excellent Sundaware D300 Ref streamer that I use with Roon but we can use other access software.

It is tested on 6moons by Seagent who kept it for himself and integrates it in his test bench as well as the DAC Denafrips Terminator which I also own.

I don't know if this answers your request but it is a high quality device. On the storage side, a single SD card that works wonders. No unnecessary SSD costs.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I have a Mojo Audio Deja Vu server. Sure its a server, but I have one of the first dedicated stand alone Qobuz installs on my machine. Mojo Audio has come out with a new Linux software pack that lives on the ram. The results are stunning. My buddy Alrainbow kept me in windows for to long. The new linux root ram software is a startling improvement. I would put my server against any out there. Its gonna slay sotm gear. I also run spotify. Its shocking good. But being a server, there is HQplayet on it. Even with blue jeans cable throughout my system, individual LPS to my modem and router, as well as a linear solution switch, HQplayer playing files from internal storage is the only way to match vinyl. My rips are all wav from cd burned using DBPoweramp software.

Nevillekapadia

VIP/Donor
Aug 30, 2010
Highly recommend the Grimm MU-1. It's new, and would be right up there. You won't need switches and clocks either.
Certainly has that closeness and flow of tape.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Other than the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme, here is a new streamer from Aqua Audio to watch :

IMG-20200308-WA0082.jpg
IMG-20200308-WA0083.jpg

Reactions: kimurastanley

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Anyone have any feedback of how the LinQ sounds? Also, I guess it doesn't accept external storage?

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Thanks I'm on that thread. Not a lot more info or reviews out there...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing