Best switchable wand tonearm?

Site7000

Jul 16, 2011
I would like to have a tonearm that facilitates fast cartridge exchanges by using switchable wands. What experience has anyone had with arms that offer that feature?

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Kuzma 4 point that I have has something that can cater your need. Its head-shell is removable with just one nut. You can align your cartridges on their own headshells (mine came with two headshells) and just change them as you wish. Of course you will need to correct the vta, vtf and anti-skating but they are very easy to do on this arm, especially with the vta tower (with the exception of 9") You can mark the correct vta and vtf for lets say two carts and then you can do a fully adjusted cart change under a minute.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I would like to have a tonearm that facilitates fast cartridge exchanges by using switchable wands. What experience has anyone had with arms that offer that feature?
Moerch DP8 and Graham both have wands. Others have switchable headshells.

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Cost no object I’d vote for the Graham Phantom Elite 12” arm. That has a removable titanium arm wand as Bonzo eluded to. That said, I don’t have personal experience with Graham arms or how easy that operation is. Though I’m sure another member will chime in here.

Jul 16, 2011
Overall I would prefer interchangeable arm wands instead of headshells, but 'under a minute' for the Kuzma is very attractive, considering what a great arm it is.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio convertors (DACS), turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing