Best XLR connectors money can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atmasphere

Industry Expert
May 4, 2010
St. Paul, MN
www.atma-sphere.com
'Gaslighting' is where someone tries to convince of something you know isn't true; like trying to convince you you're a brunette when you're really blond. Or trying to say that I moved goal posts when I did nothing of the sort, or trying to say that whole bit about power cords at shows.

Now you might remember that differently for whatever reason, but FWIW when we did those shows at RMAF each company in the room paid equal share. In this case the company in question could have only been Purist Audio Design so that meant that Jim and his daughter (who pretty well runs the company) were both there and were OK with whatever was seen in the room insofar as their cables were concerned. They would have been very well aware of something like you describe. You seem to be assuming that I must have set up all the equipment, which isn't true; most of it was set up by John Wolff of Classic Audio Loudspeakers. He would typically arrive at least a day earlier than me and the system would be up and running by the time I got there. You can ask Jim Aud or John if you don't believe me. Yet you were accusing me without having any actual knowledge of it whatsoever!

Please provide an example of the gaslighting or moving of goal posts rather than leveling personal attacks (such as name-calling, as seen in the post above) and we can discuss it. If you fail to do so, then we can assume my assertions correct. Just be civil- if you don't agree with me, go after my argument rather than me; personal attacks do not move the conversation forward.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
'Gaslighting' is where someone tries to convince of something you know isn't true; like trying to convince you you're a brunette when you're really blond. Or trying to say that I moved goal posts when I did nothing of the sort, or trying to say that whole bit about power cords at shows.

Now you might remember that differently for whatever reason, but FWIW when we did those shows at RMAF each company in the room paid equal share. In this case the company in question could have only been Purist Audio Design so that meant that Jim and his daughter (who pretty well runs the company) were both there and were OK with whatever was seen in the room insofar as their cables were concerned. They would have been very well aware of something like you describe. You seem to be assuming that I must have set up all the equipment, which isn't true; most of it was set up by John Wolff of Classic Audio Loudspeakers. He would typically arrive at least a day earlier than me and the system would be up and running by the time I got there. You can ask Jim Aud or John if you don't believe me. Yet you were accusing me without having any actual knowledge of it whatsoever!

Please provide an example of the gaslighting or moving of goal posts rather than leveling personal attacks (such as name-calling, as seen in the post above) and we can discuss it. If you fail to do so, then we can assume my assertions correct. Just be civil- if you don't agree with me, go after my argument rather than me; personal attacks do not move the conversation forward.

Most everything you say could be considered gaslighting or at the very best intentionally misleading. Certainly intellectually dishonest.

Also, you are insulting me yourself by being pedantic and condescending, your "smarter than you" attitude and trying to teach me debate rules all the while doing exactly the same stuff you accuse me of. Here's another term you might look up: PROJECTION.

Here's examples of blatant dishonesty shown in this discussion. In every post you make, the list gets longer:

1. 10 ft rule based on a fringe case that is irrelevant in high end audio. Yet you persist in repeating this lie over and over again. It's false. You are gaslighting everyone.

2. Claims that most RCA cables IN HIGH END AUDIO are coax cables. Repeated many times, and again false. You are gaslighting everyone.

3. Connectors make no difference in low impedance applications. All the while giving a misguided dissertation on series resistance effects that got it completely backwards. The first is gaslighting everyone, the second is a display of ignorance that should disqualify your opinions. Low impedance systems by definition will carry more current, hence making series resistant MORE important, and the proper design of connectors MORE important. You said it yourself in the example of power cable connectors overheating,

4. Trying to tell everyone here that power and speaker cables make a difference based on a broken or poorly terminated AC power plug that heats up. So a broken cable isn't as good as a functional cable. I asked you specifically why you think these cables make a difference and this is the example you come up with?! You are gaslighting everyone.

5. Your quote: "Yet you were accusing me without having any actual knowledge of it whatsoever!" is FALSE. I WAS THERE. I saw it. You may deny it, but I specifically remember this because it was SO horrible.

Look, you "debate" by making bad faith arguments that amount to gaslighting, you are intellectually dishonest. Your arguments are all logical fallacies based on misunderstanding of how audio systems work and what matters. These are not personal attacks, these are facts based on what you've posted. If you want to take that as personal you are welcome to, but that doesn't make it true. Again, You are gaslighting everyone. IMO, you are the one with the thinly disguised personal attacks here. Again, google projection. Please stop projecting your own issues onto me.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Okay, I think the forum has had enough of the back and forth. This helps no one.

Please stay on topic and the BOTH of you need to stop this. Now. Not later. Now.

Posts will be deleted on this thread and a cleanup will commence, along with a formal warning to the both of you. Enough is enough.

Tom

Reactions: MarcelNL

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Okay, I think the forum has had enough of the back and forth. This helps no one.

Please stay on topic and the BOTH of you need to stop this. Now. Not later. Now.

Posts will be deleted on this thread and a cleanup will commence, along with a formal warning to the both of you. Enough is enough.

Tom
The end result is that there IS no way to clean up this thread without severely desecrating it.

Please allow this to be an example of how NOT to post on the WBF.

Unfortunately, posts will remain. @ayreman - please repost your inquiry if you so wish too.

Heated debates are always welcome when it comes to audio. Heated debates about members? That's another story. This is a classic example of how 2 respected "Industry Insiders" disregard the TOS of this forum, speak off topic and completely derail the OP. Please let me remind all members that it does not matter what your "title" is.

You will respect the Terms of Service of this forum or you will forfeit the right to participate within it. It's really that simple.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing