Beware of Counterfeit ZenWave Cables!

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Wow! Well, I've been copied...

These pics were shared from Germany, the cables were purchased from ebay with the seller's address in Germany. The cables look like a poor copy so I'd guess this is a small scale enterprise, probably one guy copying a bunch of different cables and selling them on ebay. I was told the seller has multiple brands of cables for sale, they are probably all fake.

Some easy ways to tell they are fake: The plugs are not the same ones I use, the label isn't signed "Dave" above the ZenWave Audio, the model of the cable isn't on the label, the handwriting is a poor copy, my cables have a layer of pure cotton (or silver shielding material) under the techflex.

If anyone is not certain feel free to check with me, you can send pics to dave at zenwaveaudio.com

Here's some pics of the fake cables:

Plugs are not the same, in some early cables I used gold plated plugs but they were FP-101 or FP-126 Furutech models. I also use Caig progold or Furutech nano-liquid to protect the termination, not the black stuff in the photo:

No model number on the back of the label, no "Dave" signed either:

Writing is a poor copy:

The entire cable looks like a machine made cable with the outer jacket removed near the ends, my cables are handbuild with pure cotton filler so are soft and light compared to a machine made cable and the cable tapers near the ends instead of a sharp reduction in diameter:

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Someone bought the cable and became suspicious because it's a bad fake and they sent me pics.

I never would have thought I'd be copied, my cables are hand made and signed, not an easy item to fake. I wouldn't have thought it was worth it vs the dozens of brands that charge much more than I do. OTOH, I have been told my cables sell quickly and for good prices used.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Ouch, sorry, thanks for alerting everyone!

Reactions: DaveC

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
Congratulations! Obviously someone thinks you're enough of a bigshot to be worth counterfeiting!!

Seriously, very glad that you caught it early on.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Great that you found that out, Dave!

Well, I am more than happy with my real ZenWave cables -- all the analog signal cables in my system!

(Three pairs of D4 interconnects, SMSG speaker cables and speaker jumpers.)

Reactions: DaveC

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Thanks for the support and comments! I kinda feel flattered, kinda offended, lol... o_O

I do think laws prohibiting fakes and counterfeit products should be more vigorously enforced.

fbhifi

Dec 20, 2013
Okatie, SC
Dave and his cables are big shots in my book. I did a comparo of several power cables on my DAC and Clock recently. Dave’s PSR-14 silver ribbon PC was the CLEAR winner, no contest against the Audioquest Dragon which is 3 times the price. Bought two PSR-14s and couldn’t be happier. This PC is a giant killer!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing