Big Sky-David E Kelley New ABC Series

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
This series screened its first episode on ABC a few nights ago and for all of us who have nothing to do and are looking for some new and good TV, this one ticks all boxes. I am a big David E Kelley fan and this series proves to be no exception. If you're not hooked by the end of Episode 1...........

Reactions: timztunz

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
This is going to sound snobby but with so much great content out there I'd be somewhat pessimistic about a regular network show. Of course I recognize the name David Kelley and loved Big Little Lies so will add this to the list. Currently enjoying Yellowstone season 3.

Steve Williams

This is going to sound snobby but with so much great content out there I'd be somewhat pessimistic about a regular network show. Of course I recognize the name David Kelley and loved Big Little Lies so will add this to the list. Currently enjoying Yellowstone season 3.
Ian

you're always the eternal pessimist

Watch the show before you comment otherwise you're just making noise;)

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Yellowstone just got released on UK prime so will finally get to see it

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Ian

you're always the eternal pessimist

Watch the show before you comment otherwise you're just making noise;)

To be clear I didn't say this wouldn't be good. I simply said with the amount of superb content in existence (that I can hardly keep up with) I wouldn't normally look to a traditional network program for entertainment - without an endorsement.

And I'm not making noise, I'm making converation.... sheesh.

Yellowstone is one of our faves. 2 more episodes to go!

I will watch Big Sky and I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Steve Williams

As a followup .....I found the first episode ending a cliff hanger that drew me in but having watched all of the other episodes this became a soap opera murder mystery with 2 pretty women playing private detectives

So to Keith and Ian, I should have listened to the both of you. This was a B- series

Reactions: KeithR

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
as far as network, we've always enjoyed This Is Us. it's quite different than the usual, boring network procedural (NCIS, FBI, Law & Order, yada yada). Big Sky seemed sketchy to begin with despite Kelly. Glad we can pass on it.

As far as general content quality, i'll disagree and say that while content itself is prolific, most is quite average. The Golden Age of Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, GoT, Downton Abbey, etc. appears over. Some of it probably as viewing habits have changed - i've noticed a lot more mini-series.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I watched the first episode and got hooked as you predicted, Steve.

I watched the most recent two last night and yes it has devolved into a B series but I was still entertained.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing