Big trial Gobel Lacorde Statement

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I know well Gobel company and Oliver and i always liked his products,both 2 speakers line and his cable.
Always liked his sound in Munich and i always had interest in his cable,not speaker because too expensive for me and then i love a lot mine.

But reading how this cable are build and some review and people that own i became curious to try.

I don't believe and no interest for expensive cable and their crazy price of 10,15,20,25.000 euro, Gobel are expensive but not crazy.
Rca and Xlr of 1.20 mt cost 6.000 euro included 19% of vat.

I had and tried thanks some friends and some distributors some top cable like Mit Max REV 2,Mit MAX phono,CH Silver,Kharma reference,Kimber select 1136 and 3038,Stealth Indra top,Valhalla 2,Acrolink Mexcel top of the line,Yamamura and Dissanayake top of the line,Kondo LPS,Randall,ecc,ec

I liked them because bring something more to your system but what i bought i resale because at the end was not very special.
All of this cable have some good feature,some very transparent but light,some very good mid and deep but little roll off,some natural but slow,ecc,ecc
So i stop to think to top cable for my system and found Kuro cable of my friend Emiliano,very excellent,i have some in copper 7n that i like a lot and one in silver gold,better than copper but in this period i am stop in hifi development.

Speaking with Oliver in Munich i told him my interest to try his cable one day.

Oliver wrote to me 10 days ago that went to holiday in half june and sleep one night near Milan to split his travel and that can bring to me some cable to try on friday 14,and i was happy to have this opportunity .

Arrived in my home in the evening for traffic jam,was very kind and lost more than one hour to check all the phase of my system,i am good but not professional like him and some was wrong and brought to me
1 rca i put from Vyger to P1
2 xlr from P1 to L1 and to L1 to M1
speaker cable
8 power cord
And listen few because was late,all tired,my wife and son slept and sound was immediately fantastic.

Attachments

• IMG_7303.jpg
    IMG_7303.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_7302.jpg
    IMG_7302.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_7301.jpg
    IMG_7301.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_7300.jpg
    IMG_7300.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_7293.jpg
    IMG_7293.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: Esotar and GMKF

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I started to listen alone with my reference record all saturday and sunday,even now i am listening and first thing i can say is that i am really shocked

I started in hifi in 1973 and i had a lot of incredible things in 46 years and many others friends,distributors,shop brought to my home to try.
A lot of incredible things but few things really shocked me,Yamamura tube pre and amp 8 stack,280 kg,Audio tekne 9501 and 9502,ANj M10,Vyger Atlantis in my home, system of my friend with ALE Super 6 way and Yamamura amp and CH M1.

This setup of cable is another of the few things shocked me.
I cannot describe the sound because every cartridge,cable,amp i can see that is little light,little warm,little heavy on mid bass,ALWAYS some very very very small thing no good,but this setup is perfect,cannot found one small defect.

First impression is the sound is very very natural,and i have the impression to not have cable in the system like the signal go from cart to amp and to speaker without pass trhough cables.

I listen like all frequencies from 20 to 20.000 for example go out from speaker with the same dynamic and speed together,go up and down together in same time and could be give sound very natural,are not bright but i never listen better details in high,are not warm but i never listen better density,i never listen better bass,full,powerful,deep but don't dirty the mid bass,scene big but voice is real in center of speaker,very deep and speaker disappear,instrument big and i have never listen well the breath of Chet before blow in the trumpet.

I am shocked because could be is the first time i found something perfect.
THIS IN MY ROOM AND MY SYSTEM,always need to try before buy some expensive if is possible.

Could be trying full system Odin2,Master built ,Siltech triple crown,all i never listened will be better,but i think is near impossible to do better than this.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Ciao Hieu,
I have some Kuro copper and one silver gold and i like a lot,never found something better and never listen in my home full silver gold setup,i will do in future
Listening this setup i was very impressive

Reactions: Steveo

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Gian

This Gobel cables will give your sound more weight and bring instruments a little closer in. Could compliment your CH electronics. Things they add are easy to hear. Try to find if they take anything away.

Tang :)

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Ciao Tang
This setup bring more weight that I need on my system that is the only weak point I have but don’t dirty absolutely the midbass
When you put more weight could be you loose some in transparency in midbass but I lost nothing
The high are very open and transparent but in natural way
And
The
Mid\midbass dense and natura and transparent

I am trying now the difference from L1 to M1,I have a CH copper cable,cheap price and good and Gobel that is long and new but the sifference are dramatic
CH cable in comparison sound is small flat,poor and with less Harmonics

Could be this setup is perfect with my CH and speaker

Very happy CH don’t produce cable but buy from Argento otherwise I will be very sad today

Reactions: bonzo75

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hello Giani,
I am not surprised at the results since every where i have used the cables here my clients have all gone crazy. All of them owned quality products and all of them now own Gobel Lacorde. I am happy to hear your results and as we discussed in Munich they work really well with your electronics. Enjoy!!! and congratulations.

Reactions: gian60

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Congratulations to Oliver that build them
I truly believe he is an incredible designer and his products are fabulous

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Hi Giani.
Welcome to the club :)

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
So are you keeping them LOL?

Flamenko

May 13, 2019
Hi Gian, I finally know what this is about. From other parts it was not possible.....
Tell us again.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi Elliot,
cable are really incredible,i am listening 7/8 hours every days because i listen incredible details,natural and organic sound i never listen
Cable belong to Oliver and end of june coming from holiday will pass to pick up

Sure some will start to buy

Reactions: bonzo75

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi Flamenko,
here you will find all people very kind,nice,clever,available,polite,seems no true and you will learn a lot

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Hi Elliot,
cable are really incredible,i am listening 7/8 hours every days because i listen incredible details,natural and organic sound i never listen
Cable belong to Oliver and end of june coming from holiday will pass to pick up

Sure some will start to buy
Good for you. It will be bad when they leave LOL

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Yesterday I brought one XLR to the shop of my friend in the system
Esoteric K01 CH L1. M1.1 stereo and Martin Logan
Changing his xlr cable,Audioquest around 2000€,sound became incredible natural,Transparent,speaker disappear,very deep and controlled
So next Saturday he will meet Oliver because he want first buy one setup for him to demo his systems and became distributor in Italy

Reactions: Elliot G.

RCottin

Oct 21, 2017
Hi Gian,
The Goebel cables work really good with the CH gear. In my view the first thing they do is clean, or take away, all unwanted noise, resonances, harshness etc. so sound comes very nice, clean detailed, without loosing anything in the process. On top of that they remain warm and really dynamic. But I would say that above and beyond that, the most important component of Goebel cables is Oliver himself. I have had the pleasure to interact with him, and he is absolutely committed to provide the very best he can do, and he has the highest standards, nothing but perfection is enough.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing