Big trial Gobel Lacorde Statement

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Now to be serius i can say that Oliver is very kind,nice and very very expert.
We spoke a lot about Speaker crossover also and he explained to me some things where i understood my ideas was wrong,but i am not a technician.

Regarding the cable,i tried many top cables in my system,except Masterbuilt and Siltech,no distributor in Italy, and i was always disappointed for their crazy price and for the sound,good but always with some weak point.

My cable system is a mix between CH in copper,very good cable at honest price,1.900 euro 1 mt price list and my Kuro,one in silver gold and other in copper,very very good cables that i found better than other cables more expensive.

Gobel cables was a surprise,even if, if you see how are build and read how are made in his website,you understand immediately that is a product where Oliver lost many years to develop every details and did many trials,before was goble cable,then Lacorde and now Lacorde statement,the only line produced,and for future there will be no improvements,considering this a definitive cable line.
I wrote more than 2 years ago to Oliver to have info and always had the will to try and now happen.

These cables seems perfect for my system,and with Kuro are the best cables i listen in my life.
There are hundreds of products in the market but few very good for me,THIS IN MY TARGET PRICE,so the last is not always best of previous.

Other 3 friends tried this cable and i think all 3 will buy

I started buying one XLR to put from L1 to M1.
In future we see

Attachments

• IMG_7408.jpg
    IMG_7408.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 41

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
i was never confident enough that USB would be the long term interface to 'invest' in a high priced USB cable until now. i've heard how much better the MSB Pro USB interface is with my modestly priced USB's. now with the Gobel the delta is such that any other interface would be hard pressed to compete.

but only time will tell how long this seemingly huge advantage for USB in my particular system lasts.

right now all my 17tb of files are being transferred to my newly installed internal PCIe drives. so my listening quality is impacted for the next day or two. after that i will again comment on my progress with the Gobel USB.

Hi Mike.
I’m very surprised you didn’t research on USB cables with your digital electronic level. I have both Goebel USB and Ethernet for 2 years. As great the USB cable is i can assure you Ethernet one is even better.
Very trusted review:
https://hifipig.com/gobel-lacorde-statement-usb-and-ethernet-cables/
Regards and enjoy !!!

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hi Mike.
I’m very surprised you didn’t research on USB cables with your digital electronic level. I have both Goebel USB and Ethernet for 2 years. As great the USB cable is i can assure you Ethernet one is even better.
Regards and enjoy !!!

of course, that is the rub.....whether USB? or Ethernet? or fibre? and if fibre?.....which fibre?.....which interface? combine fibre and USB?

all questions. with some answers now.

if i would have purchased an expensive 50 foot run of Ethernet cable when i preferred my Renderer i would feel a little frustrated right now. turns out the OM2 single mode fibre ($29.00) is better combined with the SPF modules. maybe the Gobel USB will turn out to be a long term keeper. but with digital i move slowly on that stuff.

i had decided a few years back that i would not chase expensive digital interface cables until i figured out which interface i was going with. i was tempted for sure. but i wanted to compare interfaces and not cables. interfaces are relatively cheap. cables.....not so much. so i stayed at modest levels with my digital interface cables.

until now.

on a related issue; this morning i remembered i had a 1m Sablon Panatela Reserva LAN/Ethernet cable i was not using. so i went upstairs and replaced the generic Ethernet cable between my fibre switch and Gigaswitch with the Sablon.

http://sablonaudio.com/index.php/signal

it's a slight bit better now.

might i try a Gobel there? maybe. but that (and a short Ethernet run from my now 'idle' NAS to the Gigaswitch) is the only place i can use an Ethernet cable now. otherwise i have fibre and the 1.2m Gobel USB. the rest of my LAN is inside my walls.

in 1-2 years will the digital interfaces be different? it seems not as we might be at a maturing level of hifi digital interfaces. but nothing with digital would surprise me.

Last edited:

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
of course, that is the rub.....whether USB? or Ethernet? or fibre? and if fibre?.....which fibre?.....which interface? combine fibre and USB?

all questions. with some answers now.

if i would have purchased an expensive 50 foot run of Ethernet cable when i preferred my Renderer i would feel a little frustrated right now. turns out the OM2 single mode fibre ($29.00) is better combined with the SPF modules. maybe the Gobel USB will turn out to be a long term keeper. but with digital i move slowly on that stuff.

i had decided a few years back that i would not chase expensive cables until i figured out which interface i was going with. i was tempted for sure. but i wanted to compare interfaces and not cables. interfaces are relatively cheap. cables.....not so much. so i stayed at modest levels with my digital interface cables.

until now.

on a related issue; this morning i remembered i had a 1m Sablon Panatela Reserva LAN/Ethernet cable i was not using. so i went upstairs and replaced the generic Ethernet cable between my fibre switch and Gigaswitch with the Sablon.

http://sablonaudio.com/index.php/signal

it's a slight bit better now.

might i try a Gobel there? maybe. but that (and a short Ethernet run from my now 'idle' NAS to the Gigaswitch) is the only place i can use an Ethernet cable now. otherwise i have fibre and the 1.2m Gobel.

Understood. It really has sense....
I would try the Goebel Ethernet. There is a lot of noise on that position.
Even i would put two Goebel PC on your mono Dartzeels.
The PC is another kind of animal. It is a beast !!!!
The Goebel sound signature changes a lot from digital to power and interconnects.
Each one sounds different in its position.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Understood. It really has sense....
I would try the Goebel Ethernet. There is a lot of noise on that position.
Even i would put two Goebel PC on your mono Dartzeels.
The PC is another kind of animal. It is a beast !!!!
The Goebel sound signature changes a lot from digital to power and interconnects.
Each one sounds different in its position.

i am a Gobel believer. i heard the whole loom of Gobel at Elliot's place in South Florida and even with the mega buck system i could tell something special was happening with the cables. and the USB has been nothing short of awesome.

but; i also love my own cables, including my -12 -Absolute Fidelity power cables (made by Genesis Loudspeakers). and 2 Evolution Acoustics TRPC power cables for my dart mono's. my interconnects are all special 'zeel' 50 ohm geometry that darTZeel uses.....very happy with them. my speaker cables use the same cable as my speakers are wired with.

so not really in the market for cables.

but......you never know, another Gobel cable or two might get a try at some point here.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
I warn all Goebel USB owners.
It weighs a lot and needs a support to avoid too much tension in the connector.
Mine has the connector slightly bent by the weight.
B8E7C45E-1AF3-4E32-8DE7-1EEAC858EFC5.jpeg

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
In my system and my friend system always with Ch interconnect and power cable was really incredible

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA

“Forget the physical product just now, let’s talk about the bomb proof packaging and beautiful way these cables are presented first. The exterior shipping box has enough reinforcement to make its way across the Middle East on a busy day. The presentation packaging is gorgeous, a black real leather case with contrasting grey stitching and embossed family coat of arms. Internally the velvet comfortably seats the cable, which looks very elegant and feels sleek and luxurious, luxurious, a cable? Yes, the braided soft cotton mix material finish is plush and the bespoke end caps which also act as strain relief, to two of the worst cables to apply strain relief to, feel absolutely solid. The machining detail and fit on the plugs are second to none, with the companies engraved logo giving grip to installation.”

Lol. I’m sorry, who cares about a cable box that is thrown into the closet. As if USB was jewelry.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
You're totally missing the point Keith, at these stratospheric levels, it's both audio AND jewellery. The owners at these rareified levels expect nothing less.

Why bother w an expensive presentation box on a Rolex or Cartier? Once the watch is on yr wrist, the box is of no more use.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) in 1-2 years will the digital interfaces be different? it seems not as we might be at a maturing level of hifi digital interfaces. but nothing with digital would surprise me.

Yes, we can be sure they will be different. We can guess that soon streaming will reach the sound quality of other kind of storage if the files are bit exact. And sound quality will not depend at all on fancy tweaks on our network system. ;)

But IMHO we should live in the present and use and listen to the best we have now, keeping an open mind and asking questions.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I warn all Goebel USB owners.
It weighs a lot and needs a support to avoid too much tension in the connector.
Mine has the connector slightly bent by the weight.

I agree that stress relief is important not only to protect the cable but to maintain proper orientation for the best contact.

picture #1;

i use clamps and velcro straps in some situations. clamps and velcro is cheap, if not particularly elegant. zip ties also are handy for stuff like this. i use zip ties to keep my speaker cables secure on my amp terminals or the weight and stress will want to always loosen them. i love my amp designer but occasionally want to cause him harm with his terminal design. o_O

picture #2;

and the MSB Pro USB outboard box does allow for an easier way to support the USB cable. in the picture it sits on the baseboard edge which takes the stress off the weight of the cable. if i did not have that convenient baseboard edge i would likely attach the box to the wall somehow and some sort of cable support too. but if i had it plugged into the back of the MSB dac box i would likely use another clamp and velcro strap.

stress-1.jpg stress-2.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
It is always a good idea with heavy cables to support them to take undo strain of the connectors. I am using a bunch of the Furutech devices myself and with USB and Or Ethernet I have cut a piece of foam to put under them to prevent them from sagging and stressing. I like what Mike has suggested as well with velcro straps as well. All the data cables including USB, Ethernet, HDMI etc. are more fragile connectors than speaker and XLR.

Last edited:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Gianni
Did you get your cable order yet?

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Until now no,
now too hot to listen and in august i am out and will start to buy some early september.
In meantime i am listening the xlr i bought between Wadia S7I and Guerra Megahertz,tube amp for Stax 009
Also here the difference is very big.
Sound more natural,instrument bigger and more separated,more details,dynamic.
Also here is incredible

Attachments

• IMG_7541.jpg
    IMG_7541.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Mike Lavigne

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
My system doesn't want to play without Gobel cable

Attachments

• IMG_7546.jpg
    IMG_7546.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 56

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Diasoft5

Feb 19, 2020
40764 Langenfeld / Germany
I have tried to borrow expensive cables in Germany. That's almost impossible above 1500,- Euros. Then I came across Goebel. Since it's a German manufacturer, I was able to borrow the cables. And they are exactly how I always imagined top high-end cables, they are excellent. Now I am missing another XLR Stereo cable. I've been looking for a long time, but you rarely find these cables as used items at all. That's logical, because they are the last cables you buy.

Last edited:

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I have tried to borrow expensive cables in Germany. That's almost impossible above 1500,- Euros. Then I came across Goebel. Since it's a German manufacturer, I was able to borrow the cables. And they are exactly how I always imagined top high-end cables, they are excellent. Now I am missing another XLR Stereo cable. I've been looking for a long time, but you rarely find these cables as used items at all. That's logical, because they are the last cables you buy.
Glad you enjoy them. I have been using their speaker cables for a while and whilst they are not cheap they are only a fraction of the price of the top end cables yet to me possess exactly what I am looking for in a cable. I just wish they were lighter!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing