Big trial Gobel Lacorde Statement

Diasoft5

Feb 19, 2020
40764 Langenfeld / Germany
Well I bought a used XLR from a french Goebel-dealer. The aluminium sleeve is not firmly connected to the Neutrik plug. You can rotate the aluminium sleeve about 90 Degrees in only one direction. Does anyone know how to lock the Aluminium sleeve to the plug?
Thanks
Dirk
K1024_Judat2aGoebel.JPG
K1024_Judat1aGoebel.JPG

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
I’ve never seen anything like that.
I would say the Neutrik connector has unlocked from the aluminium base.
Talk with your dealer. It isn’t normal.

Diasoft5

Feb 19, 2020
Well I bought a used XLR from a french Goebel-dealer. The aluminium sleeve is not firmly connected to the Neutrik plug. You can rotate the aluminium sleeve about 90 Degrees in only one direction. Does anyone know how to lock the Aluminium sleeve to the plug?

Let me finish my topic. Mr. Goebel has tested my XLR cable. It works perfectly. So I live with the fact that the sleeve can be turned a little bit. Who cares.

Can anyone describe the sound of the Goebel USB cable compared to Audioquest Diamond or Habst Ultra 3? For me the Habst is a bit too warm and not open enough. The AQ Diamond is too hard and thin in sound.

Diasoft5

Feb 19, 2020
Forget the question, I just ordered a Goebel Lacorde Statment USB.

Reactions: gian60

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Congratulations !!!
You’ll discover what a good USB cable can do. Göbel one has a lot of energy with big soundstage but very refined.
Your last USB cable can’t be compared with your new Göbel.

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Hi Howie,i think acrylic add a little distortion and kess detail,i think acrylic is no good
Ciao
Gian

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Reactions: Sablon Audio

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
How do you like this? Two specifics:
- ease of use/stability physically
It is very easy to use. Physically it has a stunning design. Very stable with very smart and hard material construction.
You only have to take care with the rings. It can be broken if you strees them...
- is there any impact on sound? if so, what is it?
Yes, it has a lot of impact. And sounds different without the rings, without cover, each combination adds more impact.
Fully connected, as it is in the picture, sound changes a lot. If you want less impact you have to remove rings as cover too.
I have two units. In my system, sound becomes to much dampened. I lost musicality, air, decay, high extension..... It sounds darker and slower.
I’ve tried all the combinations and finally i’ve removed them.
That is my experience. As i’ve read, it sounds different in other systems...

Diasoft5

Feb 19, 2020
K1600_Cableholder.JPG

I use wallcableholders from amazon. I hope this will work with the Göbel USB as well.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Congrats. I use the same but be prepared to use something to support it or it will sag another outlets...

i also use the Gobel Lachord USB and support it with a clamp on the shelf above and a velcro wrap looped through the clamp supporting the weight.

the Gobel USB to me has a robust full bodied but refined sound. zero sense of any sort of digitalis or harshness. let's all the harmonics, textures and vividness through.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
9556AA06-9658-4905-8E06-51C1FF16AD52.jpeg

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Glad to see that I am not the only one using “aerospace technology” to support your Göbel cables.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing