Bionic Cables

cd45123

Jan 25, 2021
Hi All, new to the forum but I've lurked on here for a while.

I wanted to start this thread on Bionic Cables. One of the members on Audiogon had mentioned that they thought Bionic along with a pair of Inakustik LS-4004s competed or bested the Silversmith Fidelium ribbons.

I purchased the Fideliums based on reviews in The Sound Advocate and Enjoy The Music, along with all the praise they've received in a couple forums. I have to agree they are amazing, definitely the best cables I had tried. Using that as a reference, since it seems that many are trading in their 4/5 figure cables for these ribbons, I wanted to see what the deal was with Bionic.

I have to say, they are right there with Fidelium, almost identical, and this is their AT1 cable, not the higher end AT2. Anyway, this surprised me, since I thought only ribbons could only get to this level.

Granted, I haven't listened to Kubala Sosna, Masterbuilt, Hemingway, or other top cables out there, but I was surprised there aren't any reviews on these Bionic AT1s or AT2s.

Has anyone else heard these or have an opinion on other cables they've heard that bested Fideliums that didn't cost an arm and a leg? Curious to know.

scot

Jan 4, 2018
Hi cd45123

I just wanted to share my speaker wire journey with you.

You mentioned in one of your posts (Jan 26 2021) the Bionic speaker cables and that you had not yet heard the Kubala speaker cables yet. I have been using and enjoying the Kubala Emotion speaker cables for a little over 5 years. I absolutely love them. Friends will come over with their own “you’ve got to hear these speaker wires” swearing that they’re the best wires they’d ever heard and we have to put them up against your Emotions because these will walk all over yours. So we go through the dance of disconnecting the Emotions (which I don’t like to do) and connecting their wires and every time, they themselves prefer the Emotions, evert time. This has been going on for 5 years, the Emotions speaker cables have yet to be beat.

Now please don’t misunderstand what I’m saying. I’m not saying the Emotion cables are the best speaker wires you can buy. As we all know, in high end audio, there’s always something better. All I’m saying is, to my ears, in my system, they sound fantastic. The have a perfect blend of attributes that I prefer. Great bass, very tight, extended and articulate and tuneful. The midrange and high frequencies are extremely open with tons of air and great detail but never etched or too much. They are a well balanced cable from top to bottom. Here is their best quality (imho), they have a very natural and organic sound. Without needing to take out a home equity loan, they’re a pretty great sounding cable.

I, like you, read the Sound Advocate & Enjoy The Music reviews for the Silversmith Audio Fidelium speaker cables and I must admit, they piqued my interest. With a 30 day money back guarantee, I thought I’ll give them a try. I bought an 8’ pair with his 1’ jumpers. They arrived in a few days. When I tried to hook them up, because my binding posts on my speakers are side by side and not above and below one another like most bi-wired speakers binding posts are, and are very close together, they wouldn’t work on my speakers. The bindings posts are just too close together. I wasn’t about to bend them either because if I didn’t like them, I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking for my money back if they were all bent up. I decided instead to buy the binding post adaptors he sells for this very reason. They are due to arrive any day. When I get the adaptors connected, I’ll let you know how they stack up to the Emotions. Stay tuned....

Best regards
Scot

Last edited:

cd45123

Jan 25, 2021
So it’s been quite a while since I started this thread

@scot how did it work out with Fidelium?

I recently got Zavfino cables. Amazing interconnects and speaker cables. I did sub out their power cord with the entry one from Puritan which was a little better still. I had sold my Fideliums and just ordered a new pair that should arrive soon.

scot

Jan 4, 2018
Hi cd45123

I am loving the Fidelium speaker cables. To my ears, and in my system, they just do everything right. From top to bottom, they are remarkable. I have no desire to try other speaker cables. Take care.

Best regards
Scot

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing