Black Sabbath songs in videos

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I was looking for a place to post this but could not find one. @bonzo75 posts a lot of Black Sabbath videos, and as I was watching a great one from another thread on Altec horns, I came across this cover one. I find it very moving. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Sorry Peter soul version doesn't cut it for me nor does the interpretation of the lyrics, Ozzy's haunting voice the added reverb had a different intention as if it was reaching out from somewhere beyond in contrast Bradley sounds as if he's going through puberty!

david

• Haha
Reactions: PeterA and djsina2

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I was looking for a place to post this but could not find one. @bonzo75 posts a lot of Black Sabbath videos, and as I was watching a great one from another thread on Altec horns, I came across this cover one. I find it very moving. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

I absolutely love this interpretation of this song. I have several of his albums and had a chance to see him live before he died. A great talent.

Reactions: PeterA

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Sorry Peter soul version doesn't cut it for me nor does the interpretation of the lyrics, Ozzy's haunting voice the added reverb had a different intention as if it was reaching out from somewhere beyond in contrast Bradley sounds as if he's going through puberty!

david

No need to be sorry David. I only like the first couple of black sabbath albums anyway and this is one of the better known songs from the later album. When I saw this for the first time this morning after Bonzo‘s video of the title track from the first album, I thought it was pretty interesting to get this take and interpretation of the song. Some people I think do compare losing your mother to going through puberty so that was a pretty good comment.

I do agree with you, that there’s nobody like Ozzy. I think he is both haunting and quite haunted.

Reactions: jeff1225 and ddk

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Reactions: ddk and jeff1225

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Jeff and Al,

I'm feeling pretty good today. You guys both like the video I posted here, and seem to have read and agree with my post to Ron about the "cordiality"/free speech expression by members of the forum. Plus I know Jeff likes my new system. Al is still holding out on that one, so you guys are split there with DDK. Can't play the digital video on my system either, so that will be just fine with David, LOL.

Reactions: jeff1225 and ddk

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing