Blade Runner 2049

YashN

Jun 28, 2015
Canada

Directed by Denis Villeneuve (Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival).

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
From the trailer it does seem to honor the tone and look of the original film and story.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Hi Ron, yes it does. The full official trailer above just came up today. Back in December 2016 there was a short (30 seconds) teaser.

By the way, the year in the movie's title, 2049, is only thirty-two years from now. Ridley Scott won't be here (he'll be 80 this year), I won't be here either.
As for everyone else here, not to alarm anyone but just to enumerate a number fact. I don't know where the state of audio and video will be by then, most likely much more advanced than today (digitally).
@ least we'll be able (including Sir Ridley Scott) to see Denis Villeneuve's movie (he'll be 50 this year, and 82 in 2049).

Keep on bluesin', and follow the trane (Coltrane).

P.S. Our Canadian OP hasn't post for a while...YashN

Last edited:

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010

Directed by Denis Villeneuve (Prisoners, Sicario, Arrival).

I haven't, yet, seen "Prisoners" but Sicario and Arrival ranks IMO as among the 10 best movies of the past decade, I could get all hyperbole and say of the 21st century :) ...
I also loved Ridley Scott's Blade Runner one of my favorite movies of all time ( I am on a hyperbole loop :D)

I am eager with anticipation..

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Psyched for this more than anything this summer.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Really hope this kicks ass. I'm optimistic. BTW, the new 4K UHD/HDR disc of the original is something to behold. They really upped the A/V quality.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
That's great news. My 4K version is waiting to be watched. Between DVD, Blue Ray, and now 4K I must have bought this movie 4-5 times. :)

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
That's great news. My 4K version is waiting to be watched. Between DVD, Blue Ray, and now 4K I must have bought this movie 4-5 times. :)

Yeah, I own a few versions too. The Atmos remix really adds to the presentation -- the movie is perfectly suited for it.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Early reviews are quite positive. Some even saying it's better than the original. Any version including the final cut.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
^ Bob, maybe I spoke to soon. Just read one not as +. They do seem to agree that it is best on a large screen. Ridley's visual vision on steroids comes to mind as I read it. Reenforces what I like to call that Gritty Neon Asian look of the original. The cinematography appears to be excellent.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Ron, this is the type of flick that motivates me to hit the best cinema theater within my circumference/entourage.
I don't want to wait till it comes on Blu-ray (few months from now), I want to go see it Friday.

I love the Canadian director, I love sci-fi flicks, the music score is very tempting, and the overall aura of it all has a certain flagrance that is inviting, very.

Me too I sometimes get the impression I spoke before seeing and hearing, but human I am certainly one of them with all my heart and soul.
I feel the vibes and follow my guts instinct.

It should be a feast for the senses, I think. ...And no matter the size and where; it's inside that it is all happening outside in the world.
It's a figure of speech to describe my enthusiasm, my positive anticipation.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I haven’t read any and won’t until after I’ve seen it, but the aggregate of the reviews is overwhelmingly positive which is a relief. Hope to see it on Friday.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Seeing it Monday at Cinerama...can't wait.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Some of us don't read film critics before seeing a film they are interested seeing, others do read film reviews to see if they should see them @ the movie theaters. Sometimes you win other times you lose. It is perfectly normal because not all films are viewed the same way by everyone.

With that said, 'Blade Runner 2049' is highly scored everywhere...Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic, ...everywhere. You don't have to read the short two links/reviews below...you are free.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...w-ryan-gosling-harrison-ford-denis-villeneuve

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/10/blade-runner-2049-review

Personally I am not scared to read stuff about movies and music before I experience them myself; I don't let reviewers influence my own assesments. It's all fun when it comes to movie and music entertainment.

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
Ron

I love the Canadian director, I love sci-fi flicks, the music score is very tempting, and the overall aura of it all has a certain flagrance that is inviting, very.

Bob
Mr V is a good director especially when he has a good script. I like how he didn't linger on the violence in Sicario while it's actually being committed and not loosing its power such as finally arriving at Jiefe's family. You know their seconds are numbered.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing