Block CVR-10, at first glance a great device (german producer)

Marcellot

Oct 6, 2021
I have owned this unit for 3 years. Always had problems right from the start.
The set-up only worked when I changed the password on the router, as it was not possible to enter it on the receiver.
Again and again there were interruptions in the connection, although I watch TV via the same router with Nvidia Shield (without problems).
Playing music from the NAS (via UPNP) only works if you set the indexing in the NAS to the simplest standard format.

Well, now the device is defective and can no longer be switched on.

After consulting with Block's support, I was told to order an RMA and send the unit in.
Two weeks later, I have now reached the point where I am supposed to send the device to the dealer and there is no longer any talk of the goodwill that was hinted at at the beginning.
Let's see what happens now, but it's frustrating when a relatively expensive device is so badly supported.
I would never buy a product from Block again.

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I have owned this unit for 3 years. Always had problems right from the start.
The set-up only worked when I changed the password on the router, as it was not possible to enter it on the receiver.
Again and again there were interruptions in the connection, although I watch TV via the same router with Nvidia Shield (without problems).
Playing music from the NAS (via UPNP) only works if you set the indexing in the NAS to the simplest standard format.

Well, now the device is defective and can no longer be switched on.

After consulting with Block's support, I was told to order an RMA and send the unit in.
Two weeks later, I have now reached the point where I am supposed to send the device to the dealer and there is no longer any talk of the goodwill that was hinted at at the beginning.
Let's see what happens now, but it's frustrating when a relatively expensive device is so badly supported.
I would never buy a product from Block again.
I understand your frustration.I have being threw things like this before as well.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing