Bodyguard

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
My wife has been in Florida the past couple of weeks so I have been able to catch up on some Netflix shows that she had little interest in. After hearing that David Madden won the Golden Globe for "Best Actor in a Television Drama" in "BodyGuard" I gave it a try. I was hooked right away as the first twenty minutes was really well written.

I won't say that the story doesn't take a few predictable turns, yet at the end there is at least one twist I didn't see coming. As with any good suspense story there are shady characters whose intentions you can only surmise.

Highly recommended.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I liked this series a lot. The one you should watch try next is killing eve. I watched them one after the other

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I dunno, I find the story a bit silly with one episode to go although the first episode initially hooked me. British version of Homeland, but more 24-like pace with little character development. Plus, sub-par music ;)

I might still give the second season a try though.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Yeah homeland too slow for me, loved 24. Season 5 was the best then it went downhill

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Not as realistic as homeland but a lot more fun. I could quibble with some plot points but sometimes you just want to be entertained.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Not as realistic as homeland but a lot more fun. I could quibble with some plot points but sometimes you just want to be entertained.

Totally agree but good entertainment

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I agree that it had some things in common with the first couple of seasons of Homeland.

I couldn't watch 24. Can;'t take Kiefer Sutherland as an actor.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
My favorite TV seasons are 24 season 5 and Dexter 3 and 4. Then after a drop, bodyguard, killing Eve, happy valley. In comedies silicon valley.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I just started on Designated Survivor and so far so good. Before that I was watching Travelers.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I just started on Designated Survivor and so far so good. Before that I was watching Travelers.

The first season is nice initially for DS but too extended and second I got bored pretty quick

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
My favorite TV seasons are 24 season 5 and Dexter 3 and 4. Then after a drop, bodyguard, killing Eve, happy valley. In comedies silicon valley.

I have been waiting several years for Season 3 of Happy Valley. Since you enjoyed that did you watch "The Fall"?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I have been waiting several years for Season 3 of Happy Valley. Since you enjoyed that did you watch "The Fall"?

No haven't seen will try

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Some shows don't know when to quit, and others quit the moment I get into them...

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
I liked the Bodyguard, for me it was the English version of what we face out in today’s world

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I watched the first episode last night, I was brave enough to hold on till the end.
The emphasis is on closeups of that young actor, his eyes moving sideways.
Production and acting are less than convincing. I was surprised that it was in stereo.
Overall the action was mainly on dialog, cold dialog, robotic.
I understand its raison d'être in these turbulent times of fear and terror.

One episode is plenty enough for me.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
the final episode really tested plot believability when Budd was "walked down the street" but i still enjoyed the ending

i'll give it a whirl for a second season, but needs more character development to continue. i think part of the issue was only 6 episodes, so an extended season could help.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing