Bohemian Rhapsody | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
However the chronological falsehoods threw cold water on what could have been pure magic. Hi-FiGuy mentioned Fat Bottomed Girls being out of sequence, and so was the birth of We Will Rock You; it came after a scene from 1980 (!). I thought there was something else that wasn't right, but don't remember now. Also, why did the film have to claim that the band had not performed for years before Live Aid? That's just a lie, they were on tour (The Works Tour) the year before!

Had the movie not had those easily avoidable faults -- throwing them in for drama really accomplishes nothing -- it could have been wonderful. I did tear up a bit during the Live Aid show, that was superb.

Not to mention all the lame lines in the middle. And the bad Mike Myers scene. And totally sanitizing Freddy Mercury's life.

The Live Aid scene saved a bad movie. I can't say I learned much about the real Freddie Mercury honestly

I think if folks think back to Walk the Line...a truly wonderful biopic.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Mike Myers was in the movie for a reason..../
From Vanity Fair/ Jason Merritt

Do you see that? That thing over there? It appears to be a little silhouetto of a man climbing out of the ‘90s and into 2017 for his most perfectly timed role yet. That’s right: Mike Myers is in talks to land a role in the upcoming Freddie Mercury biopic Bohemian Rhapsody,decades after a single scene in Wayne’s World tied him to the iconic Queen song forever.

Deadline reports that Myers is apparently negotiating for a role in the upcoming film, which will be directed by Bryan Singer, though it’s unclear who he would play. Rami Malek and his steak knife of a jaw are already set to play Mercury, though the rest of the cast is still filling out—leaving the possibilities quite endless for Myers. Perhaps he’ll play a juicy managerial role, a mainstay in every rock ‘n’ roll biopic? Or an antagonistic radio host? Or maybe he’ll just fully cosplay as Wayne Campbell, and we’ll all just pretend like Wayne is supposed to look much, much older than he was in 1992?

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Just saw this and I echo everything Steve said. Not only was the movie very good but I doubt Freddie Mercury could have done a better job than Malek playing himself.

This was not a documentary so I don't understand all the nits about there being some stuff out of chronological order. I really has nothing to do with the movie. The movie did an excellent job of explaining who Mercury was and what his demons were.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Just saw this and I echo everything Steve said. Not only was the movie very good but I doubt Freddie Mercury could have done a better job than Malek playing himself.
This was not a documentary so I don't understand all the nits about there being some stuff out of chronological order. I really has nothing to do with the movie. The movie did an excellent job of explaining who Mercury was and what his demons were.

we watched the film again today as visiting family had not seen it. After the movie was over my son put up this You Tube video that shows how accurate Rami Malek was

It's 20 minutes but trust me, it's worth watching

Queen Live at LIVE AID Side By Side with Rami Malek/Bohemian Rhapsody [FULL UNCUT LIVE AID SCENE]

Reactions: Tango

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing