Bookshelf Speaker Stand Difference?

Sangbro

Dec 19, 2020
Hello,
When I think book shelf speakers, I have thought that the designated speaker stand from the same brand performs the best for a speaker.

For example, Focal Utopia Bookshelf - Focal Speaker Stand for this model.

Today I happened to have a conversation about this, and heard that as long as you use reasonably high quality/heavy stand (for example, Solid Steel Speaker Stand about 30lbs), there would be NO sound quality difference compared to using the designated speaker stand.

For speaker stands, benefits of designated speaker stands are

1) Aesthetic
2) Can be connected to the speaker

And... reasonably there is no sound quality advantage.It’s just matter of taste and convenience.
(A bit of secure connection too.)

How’s your experience?

And do you know any top quality speaker stand that I can use universally?

Thank you.

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Stands have a sound. Ones designed for the speaker might mean they influence the design of the monitor on top of them, but it’s very rare they will outperform a well designed stand. The market is flooded with poor designs though so finding one can be a challenge.

Below is a picture of the best I have played with.

B83DFC84-2B29-4BE0-89F3-B8587AEFBAFF.jpeg

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
Stands have a sound. Ones designed for the speaker might mean they influence the design of the monitor on top of them, but it’s very rare they will outperform a well designed stand. The market is flooded with poor designs though so finding one can be a challenge.

Below is a picture of the best I have played with.

View attachment 73900
Very nice system.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing