Borresen Z Series on their way to the Sunshine State

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The brand new Z series in white coming to a new home in Florida. Excited to get a chance to play with these new sleek speakers. 45k a pair looks like a great value. This is the pair being finished, tested and then packed for its journey. Don't forget the sunscreen :)

Attachments

• 2021-01-21 12.16.10.jpg
    2021-01-21 12.16.10.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 97

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
The BØRRESEN Z5 speakers
complete the Z-series.
The BØRRESEN Z5 loudspeakers are now launched! These speakers are the top-of-the-line model of the Z-series. The Z5 now completes the Z-series of loudspeakers, which also includes the Z1 compact speakers, and the Z2 and Z3 floor standing models.
The BØRRESEN Z5 is a huge 2½ way floor standing loudspeaker equipped with a Ribbon Planar Tweeter, 2 bass/midrange and 4 bass drivers. The BØRRESEN Z5 loudspeakers guarantee unsurpassed clarity, detailed subtlety and unadulterated purity in their musical performance.
The principle that guided the development of the Z-series loudspeakers was to provide an uncompromising high-end audio performance at an affordable price. The technology behind the Z-series consists of electronic components that are either adopted from the highly acclaimed and award-winning 0 -series, completely redesigned or are innovative spin-offs resulting from BØRRESEN Acoustics’ extensive audio research activities.
The magnet system in the Z-series is a brand new construction. From the invention of the patented iron-free driver system in the 0-series, BØRRESEN Acoustics came to realize that it is possible to reduce induction to an amazing 0.04 mH, which is approx. 10 times lower than that of common driver systems. The challenge for manufacturing the new Z-series was now to design a new, but less costly driver system with significantly reduced induction. As a result, BØRRESEN Acoustics developed a driver with an induction of only 0.06 mH. By linearizing the magnetic field, the driver is less affected by the actual movement. This makes it also much easier for an amplifier to control the driver.
A spin off from the development of the 0-series is the design and layout of the Z2 and Z3 models. These models are equipped with the large 8” inch bass drivers placed closer to the floor. Since the speakers are now acoustically much better integrated into the room, the bass drivers can perform the music with a remarkably deep bass.
BØRRESEN Acoustics has also incorporated some of the exclusive components from the 0-series into the Z-series:
The state-of-the-art ribbon tweeter is a distinctive and defining high-end component in all BØRRESEN speakers.
Press release – BØRRESEN Z5 loudspeakers
Page 1:2
The same applies to the driver membrane used for the bass and midrange drivers with the exceptionally low weight of 5.5 grams, which allows an outstanding resolution and high efficiency. The crossover is also configured with exclusive components from the 0-series with the intent to reduce its own resonance.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to audition the new BØRRESEN Z-series of loudspeakers. From the impressive Z1 compact speakers to the Z5, the brand-new, top-of-line flagship model. Discover the speakers that are best suited for your individual listening preferences. Immerse yourself in a breathtaking dimension of an authentic sound experience of high-end music with amazing dynamics, natural lightness and emotional passion.
Take a closer look at the BØRRESEN Z-series on the companys YouTube channel:
Audio Group Denmark.
Visit the BØRRESEN website
www.børresen-acoustics.com to learn
more about the new Z-series of
loudspeakers and to find
your local BØRRESEN dealer.
For more information
please contact
Bent Nielsen
Sales & Marketing Manager
Tel.: +45 53 65 59 87
E-mail: bn@ansuz-acoustics.com
Press release – BØRRESEN Z5 loudspeakers
Page 2:

Reactions: Audire

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Z 5 arrived today , flight case, nicely packaged, easy to move and the white looks amazing. Listening soon

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2021-02-11 11.00.17.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Got them hooked up and playing and they are on repeat for the entire weekend. I did move them to a more appropriate position in the room and gave them a brief listen before I left for the weekend. Initial impression is that they throw a huge soundstage and image really well. I will work on getting them properly positioned for maximum performance

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Congratulations, Elliot!

The Marquis and the Z5 represent an interesting contrast in design. I look forward to your comparative impressions!

Reactions: marmota

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2021-02-24 16.37.38.jpg

Reactions: gds7368

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2021-02-24 12.27.28.jpg

Reactions: ack

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
They look rather quite beautiful!

Reactions: Elliot G.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I have then running , with the new Esoteric gear, in a new listening location now for two full days. I have them in a close vicinity to where I believe they will end up for final position. By this I mean they are very close to being right. They may need a few small incremental adjustments but they are definitely in the neighborhood right now. This IMO is a lot of speaker for the price. They are truly elegant looking, well made and easy to listen to listen to and look at. My first impressions are they image really well and produce a huge stage. They have wonderful bass and transient response. They do like amplifier power. I am curious to see how much further I can take them as the whole system gets some time on it and I learn the new space as well.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Let us know what you think about the Cryo Edition version of the Z-Series speakers when you get one

They just come out with a 0-Series Silver Supreme Edition too

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2021-04-09 16.11.44.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
2021-04-09 16.11.58.jpg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
We just received our first pair of Z1 Cryo edition today. We are running it in for a day or so and are very interested in the difference with CRYO

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I just spent an hour listening to the Z1 Cryo, it had been playing for a few hours and I just sat down to listen and found myself listening for the better part of an hour to a new speaker, sitting on top of another speaker not on its stand, and just got lost in what I was hearing. The Anzus, Aavik, Borrensen Z1 system is just simply terrific. Those little speakers truly sound wonderful and this system looks great and sounds great and is so cool to look at and operate. I think its perfect for an apartment or a combo room that so many people have.

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Beautiful speakers! Curious if anyone has compared the Z5 to the 05?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing