Boulder 866 or D'agostino Progression Integrated with Wilson Sabrina Speakers

robje24b

Oct 7, 2012
Hi,

I'm setting up a relatively simple system. I've bought Wilson Sabrina speakers and am now looking for a good pairing with electronics, preferably an integrated amp, maybe even with a digital module inside. I have my eyes on the D'agostino Progression Integrated and the Boulder 866. I'll be able to listen to the D'agostino, not the Boulder though. The Boulder is 2/3 the price of the D'agostino where i live. Anyone who has experience with both on Sabrina's or Wilson speakers in general?

Best, Rob

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Rob,

I have heard the Progression stereo at length in our system, but have auditioned only the older Boulder 2060 stereo amp with big Wilsons.

From simply these 2 impressions, plus what I have read about Boulder's latest generation of amps, I personally would seriously consider the Boulder not just because of its price advantage...I would seriously want to hear it even if the prices were the same. Very difficult to 'buy blind' though I have certainly done it after as much extensive research, reading and speaking with multiple owners and in every case the actual manufacturer as well.

JimmyS

Sep 1, 2013
Chicago, IL
Local dealer that carries Wilson recently added the Boulder line. Gotta say the Boulder gear has made the Wilson’s really sing. I’ve heard the 866 / Sabrina combo in a smaller room setup and it provided a well balance sound with nice control of the bottom end.

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
you gotta hear both, but my nod would go to D’Agostino as they and Wilson work together, both voicing each other’s amps and speakers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing