Breaking in gear. Does one really notice/remember a change?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Use the ear drop / flush with warm water method. May take a few applications but, more importantly, will safely remove wax without any loss of hearing risk.

[text omitted]

Use the ear drop / flush with warm water method. May take a few applications but, more importantly, will safely remove wax without any loss of hearing risk.
sounds like malpractice.
I have the above procedure done by ENT. It is your call.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
My last time my ear was flushed with water by the nurse during a physical. The water was cold. Before that I had the more invasive cleaning done because my right ear was completely blocked. That was done by an ENT over two visits.

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
All I want to do is sit down in front of my system and lose myself in the experience and wait for the system to come to life..... and it does.:) :):)
agreed and for me it usually does on that 'second dram' ! ;)

new2Krell

Feb 9, 2020
agreed and for me it usually does on that 'second dram' ! ;)
:) alcohol is not usually a constituent part in my listening enjoyment...... perhaps I should try it - maybe it takes the experience to a whole new level..... Lucy - in the sky with diamonds? :D

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
A glass of wine takes the edge off. you don't want to be intoxicated.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The late great Harvey Rosenberg founder of Moscode advocated complete relaxation. He would get a massage and remove any restrictive clothing. He preferred his favorite tobacco products over alcohol.

PYP

Jan 13, 2022
Southwest, USA
The late great Harvey Rosenberg founder of Moscode advocated complete relaxation. He would get a massage and remove any restrictive clothing. He preferred his favorite tobacco products over alcohol.
A great workout has a similar effect since it releases endorphins, cannabinoids and testosterone.

Reactions: Gregadd

Brabus

Jun 17, 2023
France
If find the break in process frustrating, have used too many hours in front of the stereo like that. The example with Argento cables, was that I had a demo model of the Argento Serenity interconnect cable on loan from the dealer for a week. I was so impressed with cable, so I decided to order a new pair. When I got the new cables I was so concerned about the sound that I messaged the dealer to ask if there was a production error. It sounded very harsh sound and compressed in the beginning, and I could not understand this was the same cables. Yes, them took over 400 hours to really open up and continued to improve even further. The natural ebb and flow of the music is last to come. I do not sit a listen hour after hour (well I do that too, lol), but just let stereo play on repeat and test some familier tracks from time to time. Well enough said about this topic from my side now.
Fully agree !
My Argento Serenity SSE xlr took a very long time to sound good in my system….

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing