Brinkmann nyquist mk2 vs. weiss medea plus and dsp501

Transmission

Mar 25, 2021
Hello guys,

I was thinking which source would best fit my setup.
I am currently using Dan D’Agostino momentum 250s with Shindo masseto preamplifier connected with Trenner and friedl isis speakers.
my current source is playback designs merlot and metronome dss streamer (Roon ready) with tida hifi.
I still hesitate between the Brinkmann nyquist mk2 and the weiss medea plus with its newly made 501 dsp (includes streamer).
I was worried that the nyquist will sound too warm and not as detailed as the weiss combo.
considering that my system is already at the warm sweet sounding, i was wondering if it won’t be too much and to balance it with weiss.
I was told by Mr. Weiss that the medea plus is very crystal clear transparent sounding and doesn’t tolerate bad recordings...
I know that Weiss have excellent reputation in digital sources, both professiona and home high end audio.
I Don’t have the possibility to listen to Weiss combo as I don’t have any dealer in my country.
Does somebody have any experience with these two sources in his sutup? What do you think will be the best in my sutup.
I like warm sounding system, but I like to have “non fatiguing” details as well.
I highly appreciate your advices.

sincerely,
eran.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 21

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing