Buffalo Heard!

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015
I have the great fortune to have just received a tricked out Buffalo switch from the incredibly helpful Nenon! As most of you know he is continually engaged in the quest for getting better sound which he generously shares on this forum and elsewhere (given that he's got a "day job" I suspect he doesn't get much sleep!). Through correspondence he has made several recommendations regarding upgrading my audio network, all of which have greatly improved the sound quality and emotional impact my system delivers. The latest is the Buffalo which I am using in tandem with the M12 Gold switch. The SQ, which already was quite satisfying, has taken a startling leap, i.e., greater 3D presentation, instruments sounding even more realistic and present, greater dynamics and air, incredibly immersive! If you have an M12 already and can add a modded Buffalo to your system I have no doubt you will not be disappointed. I'd like to give a shout out and thanks to @Old Mustang, @romaz, @ray-dude , @CK Keung, @onlychild , @SCAudiophile, Bob @Rhapsody, and others who have generously shared their knowledge & experience with me...

Last edited:

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
What mods were made to your Buffalo?

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015
The biggest addition was adding a Pink Faun clock. There is a capacitor board he has found boosts SQ , internal damping, Mundorf silver/gold wiring, a DC input, and Gaia feet. And of course his skillful touch in putting it all together!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing